Main Menu

logic takes the long walk!

Started by Leigh S, 27 March, 2002, 11:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rambo

Lack of depth or perspective? Are you looking at the same piece of work as I am?

Muddy colours? How about nicely realistic instead of ludicrously garish?

Blank spaces? Dodgy composition? Er... No!

Can't tell he's carrying the wizard? It's not supposed to be blatant, else that would spoil the surprise, but if you actually LOOK, you'll see in hindsight that he has a man-sized bundle slung on his shoulder in the first frame he appaers in, and that the sack is struggling in the second frame of page 2.

The gore anf fight scenes? Yes, nice and rather reminiscent of early Bisley work.

Or would you rather have had another "Storming Heaven" psychadelic acid trip to give you a migraine??

paulvonscott

Wow, glad I read Dredd last, it cheered me up after all the other stuff.  Great!  Vunderbar!  I think it is a classic Dredd story.  I'm off soon to give it an unfeasably high rating soon.

I understand all the faults with the art and I thought the mock fighting fantasy was quite entertaining in it's own way.  For a long time these short one off's whether they be Time Wasters, Farfrom Shocks, Tales of Tedium or Tales of Terrible have given me endless hours of perverse enjoyment in all things filler.  I think the leaky plot hole was excellent and the art was my favourite this year.  The art for all it's faults seemed to have some raw enthusiasm about it I found quite charming.

The SinDex story reminded me of a nemesis story or was it ABC warriors?  Where the robots are sat around the table playing cards and one of them is a known fake.  Not that keen on the whole rummy business and especially as it resulted in another SinDex cover.

Enjoyed Nikki-D, I think it's about time the strip took a darker turn.  Has anyone else ever noted the similarity between Jeeves and Crest?

Atavar's okay.  It's okay, I just wish it was a bit crunchier and meatier.  Crunchy meat, that's what it lacks.  All the elements for a ripping story are there.

Oh well another prog vivisection over.  The Dredd story and the sunny day was worth the walk into Bracknell.

zippy

Sin&Dex made no sense at all cause it was poorly writern. The intial idea was fine but is seemed that no thought was given on how to end it.

Is it me or did the artist for Tales just trace old Bisley work.  Look especially at that Barbarian with his tongue sticking out, total copy. Just what McMahon moaned about in his leakers script for issue 500

Poor show this week (except for Dredd)

Thread Zero

It's a good thing Atavar was named something suitably sci-fi.

Just think of the message board otherwise:

This week's Boris was really cool man.

scojo

Mudcrab

> On top of that, the art is by some distance the worst I have ever seen in 2000AD - even worse that Siku's efforts!

I'd agree that the art in this weeks Telguuth wasn't too great, but I didn't think it was tooo bad. But I doubt everyone would agree about your comments on Siku. He's probably the best artist to do Telguuth, as well as a pretty good Dredd.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

It has gone downhill, that's for sure. The first one's were dead good, especially with Siku painting!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Rambo

See? It's all a matter of taste. Siku's style isn't my favourite, but it's OK.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Jayzus B. Christ

I think Siku used to be good till he adopted that black outline and muddy colour style. And I thought that the art on Telguuth was pretty good this week. So there you go.

W. R. Logan

>I think Siku used to be good till he adopted that black outline and muddy colour style. And I thought that the art on Telguuth was pretty good this week. So there you go.

I thought the art on Telguuth was bloody awful and I wouldn't even consider it good enough for a fanzine, let alone the galaxies greatest comic.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.http://www.2000adonline.com/images/page/logan.jpg">

Jayzus B. Christ

So you ADMIT you were lying?

(I realise this doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'm kind of stuck for a comeback.)