Main Menu

Newish reel

Started by Steve Green, 12 August, 2010, 02:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Spurred on by Patrick's awesome SD renders

http://www.vimeo.com/13964432

It's a lot of old stuff, but there's a couple of snippets of some tests from Minty WIP, which might be of interest to the boarders...

Cheers

Steve

Patrick Ward

Thats really cool. The JD stuff is looking particularly good and Rojaws nearly brought a tear to my eye. So you're a Max user?
Patrick Ward

available for Freelance.
patrick  at colourandnoise.com

VFX Artist for
Ark VFX Ltd
www.arkvfx.net

Bhuna

Steve, that is stunning mate. And the last 30 seconds..... WOW!!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Steve Green

Cheers guys,

Patrick, yeah - I've been using Max since it came out, and 3DS DOS before that.

Did try Maya once, but couldn't get on with it that well.

I do use ZBrush and Mudbox occasionally for detailing, although not a huge amount lately.

The paying work I've been doing usually involves little time/budget so I just keep my hand in with the personal work, it's also fun to see them translated to a 3D world.

The Dredd stuff is still WIP, but it's the most recent thing I've been working on...

Radbacker

thats some real quality there, the stuff at the end is espicially good, i really liked the judge speeding through the city.  That Mega City 1 looks spot on.

CU radbacker

zombemybabynow

Just had a watch, bloody brilliant - the Dredd stuff was fantastic

was there a bit that was used for monkey dust?
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Steve Green

Cheers,

The Judge was a real guy (the one playing Minty, sat on a blue box with handlebars in  front of a blue screen in a back garden), it works OK as long as you don't shift the camera that much, and it's fine for our purposes...

yeah, I worked on a few sketches for the third series of Monkey Dust, the b/w sketch was a war-room sketch about trains, there was a recurring character called Flashback Danny, and a couple of other bits.

My mate Nick did the 2D animation, I was just doing the compositing and 3D backgrounds.

Cheers

Steve

uncle fester

Gorgeous work Steve. I love that POV of Minty looking up at Dredd with buildings and a craft in the bg... How many working hours does a shot like that take to put together (even if you're calling it a WIP)?

Steve Green

It's probably a little under a day, although I probably spent a bit more on it since it's re-using assets which are built to a higher quality than needed for that shot (since the b/g is out of focus anyway)

Getting it roughly right is easy, but you can end up fiddling with it for ages...

Cheers

Steve

LARF

The last 30 seconds, my god has the new Dredd Movie got a benchmark to live up to. Steve the Dredd scenes are amazing, well done.

Banners

Well, my girlfriend was certainly a lot more impressed by me looking at that, rather than at the pictures of Goth Girls earlier(!)

M@

Steve Green

Glad I could do my bit Matt :)

radiator

Wow, amazing work Steve.

The Dredd footage looks great!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Fucking amazing work!

Loved the robots and the poor cops who all get blown away except one. The Minty stuff of the H wagon coming in firmly smacked my gob with awesomeness. Really good and what a variety there was. Ace! Great music as well.  :D
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JOE SOAP

That is something. How's Staples' accent?