Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 20/05/06, 6.35pm, THE AGE OF STEEL...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 20 May, 2006, 04:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Well, they left the mobile phone behind, it may cause some sort of weird link between the two worlds.  I dunno.

scutfink

'Torchwood institute, good afternoon...'

'We are the Cybermen'

'How can I help Mr Cybermen?'

'Is your refrigerator running?'

The Cybermen return as The Jerky Boys Prank calls from another dimension?

scutfink

Which reminds me, have I become completely desensitised, or was ther not a single reference to the 'T' word at all this week?

wrighty47

"Mickey is public enemy no 1 in this dimension, yet those soldiers didnt recognise him."

He was public enemy # 1 for parking tickets. Hardly the sort of thing yer average squaddie is going to be looking for.

Alan!

MIKE COLLINS

>Much as I'd enjoy it, I really don't see how they can bring Trigger/ Lumic/ Mastermold over to our universe for a repeat engagement, they were pretty final about the whole closing off the alternate dimension never to return thing...

But as it was established that the timeline only diverted from ours about 20 years ago (there is a Mickey/Ricky but no Rose) presumably there's a Lumic on 'our' Earth working away at the same thing... and possibly with the co-operation of Torchwood if they're going to go against the Doctor.
And on that thought-- we know Captain Jack had two years of his life erased... do we figure they're the two spent in Cardiff fighting off wee timorous beasties and that Torchwood will actually pre-date his adventures with Eckky-thump?

Do I think about this too much? Yes.
...back tothe drawin' board...

Richmond Clements

Leigh S

Theres an interesting interview with Matthew Graham (Life on Mars writer) on his script for Doctor Who - he says that he came up with a  'creepy' storyline and presented it to RTD:

Russell said "Thats a very clever story - do you have kids?  how old are they?"

And i said "Daisy and Sam, ten and seven"

"would Daisy and Sam like that story? - you've got to write a story that Sam would love.  It doesn't have to be stupid, it just has to be a story that your kids will love."

Which to my mind is potentially foggy thinking - I loved Sapphire and Steel as a kid, and the best of Doctor Who, because  it wasn't trying to appeal to me as a kid - it was just clever ideas, and certainly didnt ever seem to be aimed at me as a kid - if it had been, I'd have probably not been interested.

Quirkafleeg

Yeah, I think the best tv kids drama was stuff that basically adults could watch but just had children / youths at the centre of it.(like earlyish Grange Hill... which I watched again when it was repeated in the 90s)

House of Usher

The first series of Dramarama was terrifying: especially the one with the masked wrestler.

That's what 'Scream!' editor Ghastly McNasty looked like under his cowl, that is...
STRIKE !!!

Eric Plumrose

Dramarama! Yeah, there was some story of possession that freaked me just a tad when I was a sprog.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.