Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 17/06/06, 7pm, LOVE & MONSTERS...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 16 June, 2006, 11:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

Noisybast

Bollocks. I'm going to miss this - I'm working 'til 10pm on Saturday. Are there any other repeats, or am I visiting UKNova for a sneaky download?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Noisybast

That should of course read Saturday and Sunday. Bah!

petemaskreplica

It's also on BBC3 on Friday evening.

Noisybast

Rats' cocks! I'm in work then, too. Bittorrent here I come!

Dudley

Heat magazine predicts that this episode will annoy long-term Dr Who fans, and warns that it hardly features the Doctor at all.  It's the Peter Kay one.  And it's written by Russell T.

Quirkafleeg

Well according to the Guardian it's a 'rich send-up' off Who fandom and one of the most 'playful and original' episodes in the show's history (old and new). We shall see.

Wils

Fucking hell. I'm not sure there are words that could adequately describe the full awfulness of that episode.

The Amstor Computer

Hmf. Well, that was about as good as you'd expect from an episode written to fit a kid's drawing...

Wils

I seem to be proved wrong. Malchi's review of that episode is that it was "a big, fat donkey's dick".

paulvonscott

I'm surprised, I quite enjoyed it mainly because for the most part it wasn't about Doctor Who.

I realised I'd rather watch some other SF show, instead of go through the usual pantomime.

Buddy

Quite liked that.

Elton for new companion, anyone?

Bico

Quote of the episode came offscreen.  Just after your man says "Stephen King said that salvation and damnation were the same thing - I never understood that before, but now I do", a houseguest in the Superking household pointed out "that's because you're as full of shit as HE is".

I actually didn't mind the episode up until the camper than christmas alien.  The ham ruined any chance of it being passable.  Even Tennant only had about two minutes onscreen, and managed to get some mincing in there.

petemaskreplica

Jim_Campbell

"Quite liked that. "

Yeah ... I did too. Nothing wrong with breaking the format once in a while.

(Although it was rather an odd coincidence that this week's 'Without A Trace' also did a viewing-the-usual-format-from-a-different-persperspective thing ...)

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.