Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 07/04/07, 7pm, THE SHAKESPEARE CODE...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 07 April, 2007, 07:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Yeah, I kind of got that that was the angle the pseudo science was trying to cover, but the end result is so close to magic as to be splitting hairs in making any distinction.

It's the power to use words, objects and personal items to control and manipulate reality alone, without any 'technological' device creating the eefect for you.  It's wielded by crones who speak in rhyme and fly broomsticks.  It's basically saying, magic doesn't exist in this universe, except for these people who have a power that is precisely the same as magic in all aspects and who look and act precisely like witches.  It's having your cake and eating it.  On the plus side, I did like the design of the banished carrionites.

Eric Plumrose

>> racism? don't be a silly sausage . . . I think you might just be reading too much into all this. Chill.

As far as I'm aware, no one accused RTD of being racist despite a suggestion that a few of us had indeed done so. DXB is spot on with his summation of the problem, that is to say a consequence of employing a multi-ethnic cast is that interracial couples have been portrayed negatively, no matter how unintentional that portrayal has been. It's ill-thought through.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.