Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 09/06/07, 7:10pm, "BLINK"...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 09 June, 2007, 07:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Amusing, if not 100% work safe image based on this episode now showing on B3ta.com.

Link: http://www.b3ta.com/" target="_blank">The Doctor was right...

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Adrian Bamforth

"No doubt RTD will be along again soon to spoil it all with another shit episode."

Saturday, 7:00, BBC1

Queen Firey-Bou

i thought it was brilliant, these episodes where the DR just pops into someone elses story really work for me, even tho we missed the first 10 minutes, i was confused how the tardis dematerialised & left the folks in the ring of statues tho.. i should pay more attending to the techy stuff.

Quirkafleeg

>"No doubt RTD will be along again soon to spoil it all with another shit episode."

>Saturday, 7:00, BBC1

Oh yeah, my heart sank when I saw the preview: back to normal then, I thought.

Matt Timson

One of the best episodes so far, I reckon.  Somebody told me that Martha's off soon.  Anyone know if there's any truth to that?
Pffft...

Steve Green

The only report I saw was said to be from The Sun.

Freema Agyeman stated that she hadn't been sacked, although someone pointed out that she could have only been contracted for one season, and that S4 could be partially a search for Martha.

So, nothing concrete really - although judging by Blink, Carey Mulligan, who played Sally would be an excellent replacement if she wanted to do it.

- Steve

Matt Timson

Yeah- I thought so too.  At a push, he could take her boyfriend on as well.  I think Freema's getting a a bit of a raw deal if she was sacked, mind.
Pffft...

Bico

He could at least have come back at the end and said thank you or something.  Considering all the trouble Sally went to, and the Doctor not being averse to going back in time to wiggle his tie at complete strangers, he seems like a bit of an ungrateful cunt, to say the least.

Adrian Bamforth

The Doctor strikes me as being a bit of a cunt all the time (I won't make a list), perhaps it's his flippant manner over everything, vanity, sarcasm and lack of gratitude that he has a time machine... but it seemed a particularly off when in the Lazarus episode he started lecturing that professor that dying after a certain number of years is part of being human. It would be a bit like if I lectured someone in a poor part of Africa that dying aged 30 was part of being African. It wasn't a good episode and I actually think perhaps the writer may have forgotten that he isn't actually human himself.

Noisybast

Adrian Bamforth

I'll rephrase it: It wasn't a good episode and I actually think perhaps the writer may have forgotten that THE DOCTOR isn't actually human himself.

Keef Monkey

This was easily the scariest episode of Who I've seen since childhood, it genuinely left me freaked out and I even had nightmares. I'm lucky my girlfriend is understanding enough to be woken up at 3 in the morning because I was too freaked out to walk to the toilet on my own. Seriously, I wasn't that scared watching it but it seems to have traumatized me in some way.

I'd be gutted if Martha left, she's hot to trot and  gives me a reason to watch when things get a bit dull. Also, with the last 3 episodes not really featuring the Dr properly my young nephew is starting to lose interest, so they're gonna need to pull the kids back in as viewers soon I think.

Noisybast

Sorry. That was particularly obtuse, wasn't it?

Steve Green

I think Freema's been fine, I'm not sure where these negative reports are coming from.

I thought the big problem with Rose was that it was severly overbalanced towards her family, and although there's still some connection with Martha and her family, it's not been as intrusive.

- Steve

WoD

I think Freema's been great, showing good acting skills well above what she showed in her bit-part from last season's Dalek-Cyberman episode.  Hope she stays, but a 2nd companion wouldn't be a bad idea...especially Sally.

Where do they sleep on the Tardis?  I used to get the idea that they spent time on the Tardis when travelling, but you don't get the same feeling these days.  I mean they have to sleep, poop, wash, etc. somewhere.