Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 16/07/07, 7.15pm, UTOPIA...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 16 June, 2007, 05:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...Captain Jack is BACK, and this time its PERSONAL!!!...

...i may have made that bit up, again!!!...

...he's certainly missed it!!!...

...whatever 'IT' is, ho ho...

ARRISARRIS

... so why has this thread partially repeated itself???...

Queen Firey-Bou

ARrrGHHGH !!  best episode ever !

john simms, david tennant AND captain jack ?!?

excuse me my brain just exploded.

WoD

Wow...that was most unexpectedly good.

Banners

Great - but the baddie cried AGAIN!

M@

WoD

Wasn't the baddy when he cried...sort of...

Buddy

While clearly not 'best episode ever' it may well be RTD's best episode (did he write it?).

Yet again we have more bloody Rose references, give it a rest mate.

Episode let down by crappy 'futureblokes' and the obvious quarry setting but saved by good performances, Simm stole the show and I look forward to seeing more of him in the future.

One question, didn't the master use up all his lives, I hope this gets explained and isn't just forgotten about.

Will I. Cooling

I'd imagine it'd be forgotten about, after all they didn't explain the Daleks past history when they brought them back. At the best I'd say you'd get a single line explaination.

I don't see the problem tbh, it is after all a time travel show and you can't expect a family TV show to explain events in a show that happened 11 years ago.
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Richard

They didn't explain how he survived in 1996, so I wouldn't expect an explanation now.

James

Can someone give me some Master background/history?

I know nothing

SamuelAWilkinson

There was some truly awful future-bollocks in the first half, which is what stopping it being an amazing episode instead of a merely great one. The culprits I'm talking about are things like guns that look suspiciously like AK47s/Dragunovs and fire bullets. Am I supposed to believe that one hundred trillion years into the future no-one bothered to invent a super-laser that's also easily buildable?

Oooh, I'm all ranty. I actually enjoyed it.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Matt Timson

Pffft...

satchmo

That was bloody brilliant! Can't wait for next weeks now.
The Master started off in the John Pertwee years, the actor Roger Delgado died in a car crash but the character was eventually regenerated and was in it on and off until the end. In The Five Doctors the Timelords offer The Master a full set of 13 new regenerations if he'll help them, so they're pretty flexible about the whole issue : ) They're Timelords they can regenerate all they bloody want!

Leigh S

not a bad episode for an RTD one - the fanboy in me liked the Master stuff, not sure what a general audience would make if it though - cackling villainy, fanwankery, flashbackery and all.  

I alway thought that Tmielords had 12 'natural'
 regenerations, but had long since mastered the technology to reboot the cycle - so renegades like the Doctor and the Master would be limited, but Troughtons(?) claim that the Timelords can live forever barring accidents also holds true.

VisibleMan

Expections were low after last week's brilliance and Radio Times reviewed saying this was a clunker but it's actually pretty damned good. There's even an explanation for humans in the year trillion gazzilion still looking no more evolved than at present, it may not be a brilliant explanation but at least the issue was recognised. Despite all the elements for once RTD holds it together and even whips up a big desert of a satisfying climax and cliffhanger.

Less so with the contemporary truck and other gubbins. If I was going to be picky I'd complain about the ultra-high distintigrating radiation room with no airlock or decontam facility from which Jack emerges without troubling the others. But that would be picky. Perhaps he's radiation teflon as well.

Great choice in Jacobi as the old Master as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_%28Doctor_Who%29