Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 23/06/07, 7:15pm, 'THE SOUND OF DRUMS'...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 23 June, 2007, 07:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

How's this for a theory: the original signal that Professor Yana picked up, inviting the humans to come to Utopia, was generated by the Master's paradox machine. The Professor launched what was left of the human race into space, where the Master's fiendish trap, laid way back in the 21st century was sprung, bringing the future humans back to the present, where they're converted into the Toclafane and unleashed on their own ancestors.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Noisybast

Oh, yeah, and that's why the Toclafane were wibbling on about the darkness coming to get them: all the stars are going out in the year umpteen-trillion. The universe is ending.

Misanthrope

I think the orbs are those spherical robots from Terrahawks. Well, why not? Cloud base was in the last episode.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Skeabost

Hipster Dad, thanks for the ubergeekery. I never knew that.

Noisybast

Heh, Zeroids!
I did consider posting something to that effect myself, Ratty, but I figured three posts in quick succession was a step too far :D

Gothmog

"he drumming in his head is the sound of something (or someones) trying to get out?"

If the orbs are something to do with the Timelords maybe the drumming represents the Timelord  heartbeats.
Two hearts beating slightly out of time with each other could produce four beats like the drumming.

auxlen

he's actually getting younger. McCoy was cited as around a thousand years.

thats aid i have enjoyed this latest series the moust out of new who. this might mean i hated rose.

auxlen

it also means i hate capital letters and checking my spelling.

W. R. Logan

just wonering when the Doctor turned in to Macgyver?

Misanthrope

Zeroids! Thats the fellows. Prefered the square ones, myself.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Mardroid

The drumming in his head is the sound of something (or someones) trying to get out?"

If the orbs are something to do with the Timelords maybe the drumming represents the Timelord heartbeats.
Two hearts beating slightly out of time with each other could produce four beats like the drumming.

I noticed the beat corresponds to the rhythm in the theme tune... (although that's probably pretty obvious...

"Dududud-duh, dududud-duh, dududud-duh, dududud-duh.
Weeeooooooooh..... etc etc"

Anyway, answers should be in the show tomorrow. Or rather tonight... seeing as I'm writing this at 2.49am.

VisibleMan

I think it was the best  episode 12 of the new series so far. Compared to the first series when you have a large section devoted to BB, the Weakest link and those two clotheshorse women, he's finally learned to keep celeb bollocks to an absolute  minimum, and Freema & her family are a lot less irritating than Rose & her ma. Not too sure about Simm, but the script insists he chews much scenery. I keep thinking how similar would Simon Pegg be in the role.

The orbs being humans from "Utopia" seems best theory.  If RTD is bringing back the Time Lords though this is a good opportunity.  Maybe the Master has cloned himself - he calls them "kids" but that could just be a turn of phrase. Or maybe Utopia was a Gallifreyan prison for wayward Time Lords, which with his help escaped the Time war...

I've been avoiding big spoilers but have heard the rumours and the counter-rumours.  Anyway less than an hour to find out...

nofuture

THE FACE OF HARKNESS!!!

'KIN AWESOME