Main Menu

Rebellion Studios show off their Digital sets to Industry.

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 07 October, 2020, 10:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Mardroid

Interesting. At first, on seeing the picture I thought that it looked like Rebellion were taking a similar approach as the team filming The Mandalorian (i.e.having environment projected on large wall screens in the background so the actors could see what was going on rather than acting against a a green screen).

While that does seem to be a large part of it, I see from the blerb there is also a whole interactive element, with screens responding to actors movement into certain areas, etc. So kind of a blending of the Mandalorian setup with 3D games tech, utilising sensor feedback I guess. Exciting innovative stuff!

Rately

Really exciting to think where we could be headed effects wise in future.

The idea that they could hook you into a VR machine, where you can then explore and interact with movie sets / scenes is trailblazing stuff. The digital marketing of future entertainment is going to be addictive, to say the least.

With Rebellion, i hope they really can use the technology to deliver great TV Shows and Movies based on 2000AD.

Goosegash

Quote from: Mardroid on 08 October, 2020, 02:01:20 PM
Interesting. At first, on seeing the picture I thought that it looked like Rebellion were taking a similar approach as the team filming The Mandalorian (i.e.having environment projected on large wall screens in the background so the actors could see what was going on rather than acting against a a green screen).

While that does seem to be a large part of it, I see from the blerb there is also a whole interactive element, with screens responding to actors movement into certain areas, etc. So kind of a blending of the Mandalorian setup with 3D games tech, utilising sensor feedback I guess. Exciting innovative stuff!

It's funny how the old filming technique of back projection has ended up making a comeback, except in a more sophisticated way obviously.