Main Menu

Judges!

Started by sheridan, 04 October, 2017, 05:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Abaddon Books announces brand new series for 2018: Judges!
QuoteUNITED STATES OF AMERICA: 2033 A.D
In a time of widespread poverty, inequality and political unrest, Eustace Fargo's controversial new justice laws have come into effect.

Protests and violence meet the first judges as they hit the street to enforce the Law; the cure, it's clear is far worse than the disease.

Is this a sign of things to come?

Richard

Pretty sure Origins had that happening in 2131.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Richard on 04 October, 2017, 05:59:15 PM
Pretty sure Origins had that happening in 2131.

I don't think the year the stories are set in disputes that auspicious date.

teckno viking

Well blame real world Political & Social using 2000ad as their builders bible lol

All comes back to 2000ad indeed!

Richard

My fault; I read "have come into effect" as "have just come into effect," which it doesn't say.

WhizzBang

I would just like to register some enthusiasm here as this sounds great to me. I have really enjoyed the novellas and will snap up the Dredd ones on my Kindle as soon as i notice they are available. The year 1 and 2 ones have been great but the Rico one might be my favourite so far. I haven't yet tried the Anderson ones but should probably do so while I wait for this.

sheridan

Michael Carroll announced on facebook today that Judge Dredd: Year One will contain ten pages from the first chapter of Judges...

sheridan

Here's the preamble:

United States of America

2033 A.D.

In a time of widespread poverty, inequality and political unrest, Eustace Fargo's controversial new justice laws have come into effect. 

Protests and violence meet the first Judges as they hit hte street to enforce the Law; the cure, it's clear, is far worse than the disease. 

Is this a sign of things to come?  Read on for a sample of the explosive first novells, Michael Carroll's The Avalanche...

Mike Carroll

Just a heads-up...  The first book in the series -- Judges: The Avalanche -- is published today! Available on
Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and iTunes!

Edited links so they actually work! – IP

Steve Green

Any idea why 2000 AD prose novels aren't available through the same app used for the prog, meg, graphic novels etc?

Cheers

Steve

WhizzBang

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 15 May, 2018, 03:27:24 PM
Just a heads-up... 
Thanks Michael! I have just bought my copy from Amazon.co.uk

Richard

Got mine. This looks like a great idea for a story.

K2

Will the Judges series of three editions cover the timeframe from the April-2031 rollout of Street Judges to the January-2033 of The Avalanche?

Thanks for any response you can render!

K2

Richard

It starts in 2133, two years after the new system was rolled out. There's a feature about it in Negazine 396.

K2

Quote from: Richard on 15 May, 2018, 11:08:12 PM
It starts in 2133, two years after the new system was rolled out. There's a feature about it in Negazine 396.

Yes, I realize.  2033... I'm curious about the time between and would have no insight as to what future editions in the Judges series might contain.

K2