Main Menu

Star Wars: Boba Fett

Started by JOE SOAP, 24 May, 2018, 11:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

CalHab

I can't wait for the Mos Eisley Cantina band film.

blackmocco

They should look to Wagner and Cam Kennedy's Dark Horse Fett tales. If it's along those lines - Fett hunting down a quarry and giving him something badass to do other than fall into a Sarlacc pit - I'm on board. I'm sure everyone at Disney will go to bed tonight knowing I'm possibly on board...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

TordelBack

So the one thing we can say for certain at this stage is that whoever ends up directing this thing, it won't be James Mangold.   ;)

sheridan

Also being seriously looked at: Yoda and Boba Fett (not in the same film).

sheridan

Oh, and Obi Wan, which Euan McGregor is up for - which would probably work pretty well if it takes place in between Revenge and New Hope, as he should have aged into that time period.

JamesC

They should just take his Long Way Round series and CGI it so it looks like he's on a speeder bike. The various people he meets can all be alien species and Charley Boorman could be a force ghost of Qui Gon.

Professor Bear

Good to see Disney take the themes of Last Jedi about breaking with the past and trying something new to heart.

TordelBack

'Sa very good point, Bear, but I assume the 'Story' films are there to fill/exploit/mine/flog/frack that nostalgia niche, allowing the 'Saga' films freedom to create something new(-ish), instead of endless reshoots of things you liked when you were 10.  At least that's what I hope is going to happen...

Quote from: JamesC on 25 May, 2018, 12:52:36 PM
They should just take his Long Way Round series and CGI it so it looks like he's on a speeder bike. The various people he meets can all be alien species and Charley Boorman could be a force ghost of Qui Gon.

Heh!  Reckon Boorman would make a good Dexter Jetser in a Tatooine-based buddy movie (where else would he get that Jawa Juice?). Course that depends... on how big their pocketbook is.

Link Prime

Ah Disney Star Wars....like that troublesome ex-girlfriend, trying to lure me back into bed with the raunchiest lingerie.

Sorry toots.  :wave:

Mardroid

Quote from: sheridan on 25 May, 2018, 11:39:54 AM
Oh, and Obi Wan, which Euan McGregor is up for - which would probably work pretty well if it takes place in between Revenge and New Hope, as he should have aged into that time period.

Yes, that's the Obi-Wan film I'm hoping for. Hope the Boba Fett film doesn't prevent this, although there's no reason they can't do both.

Not that I dislike the idea of a Boba Fett film. Bounty Hunter stories done well, can be interesting and fun, as certain characters in 2000AD prove.