Main Menu

Problem with a TV. Any ideas?

Started by Apestrife, 21 March, 2016, 08:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

Bought a Sony Bravia 55x8505c yesterday. Updated it today.

And now it flickers a bit on the right of the screen. Upper and lower right.

I filmed it at it's worst. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nP-06UEP_A

I turned it off for a while, and then it seemed OK, but there are still a small flicker now and then (minutes between). Quite annoying.

It's like a "box" of flicker. Thought it was a buggy pop up window at first, but looks like "white noise"-ish.

Any ideas what to do? Can't find support for my tv on Sony's swedish website.

Big_Dave

Professor Bear

Try rubbing some cheese on it, see if it massages the pixels into resetting.

Magnetica

How about taking it back to the shop. :lol:

I always buy kit like this from John Lewis, because as well a matching prices, they also have great technical support

Magnetica

BTW Sony also have a technical support line - you could try them.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 22 March, 2016, 07:18:43 AM
Throw it away and read comics.

When he gets something right he sure gets something right!

Apestrife

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 22 March, 2016, 09:00:48 AM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 22 March, 2016, 07:18:43 AM
Throw it away and read comics.

When he gets something right he sure gets something right!

haha right on.

Actually did think it'd work for a moment. I started the tv this evening, and let it stay on while reading a Corto Maltese book. And for a while, there where no flickering. But when I tried watching videos again (both via a USB stick, through the HDMI port as well as the tv:s youtube app) it at as well started again.

While not as rampant as before, and much less in menus, it's still there. Even after the factory reset.

I also checked the fix video (posted above), but that was for something else.

I'v emailed those I bought the TV from and told them it doesn't work properly, as well as sony. I've gotten a reply from Sony saying something is probably wrong with the telly. Figures I'll need to return the damn thing. Jolly thing, it weighing in 30 or so kilos :P

None the less. Thanks for all the help guys!

Steve Green

If it's that recent, usually it's a back to the shop, rather than you having to ship it back to Sony.

Apestrife

Sony will send a technician to have a look at it. The store said they wouldn't have it returned otherwise. While it has a 30 day warrant, I'd feel bad about returning it just to make it someone else's problem (since they're likely to just repack it, and sell it again.)

With some luck the technician -who comes, free of charge- can fix things on the spot. Fucking thing weighs quite a bit. Or make for a quick diagnosis.