Main Menu

New film ripped off 2000AD story

Started by rnmirza, 27 January, 2002, 05:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

. . . But then, as PVS said, it's only idle chit chat.

paulvonscott

I remember the fuss over robocop, was there actually some legal action from 2000AD?  Or is that just a myth?   To be honest I never really could see what Robocop had to do with Dredd.  Robocop and Dredd are in no way similar (in my eyes).  A few similar lines, oh I don't know, I've heard the explanations before, but I still don't get it.  Don't repeat them please!

Of course there has been a genuine rush to eat from JK Rowling's and her fantastical magical trough of cash.  Everyone on earth has been claiming they had a boy wizard up their sleeve.  I even heard Neil Gaimen had a go, people have mentioned that Luke Kirby thing which looked so good and I rapidly lost interest in.  I've also heard that there was one book which even has a similar plot and names (or so I've been told).

All these people complaining that she used an idea similar to theirs but she did it better and made a million (or 67).

It's funny how you can get away with so much with books and films but music is incredibly tight.  Maybe it's just easier to prove.

Tu-plang

say, i always thought halo jones and bridget jones's diary are too similiar coz they both have jones in the title.  someone call in the solicitors.