Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatboydale

Sorry to bore you guys , these pages are up for grabs

The Adventurer

Quick question, in the early days of 2000 AD, what dimensions was the art drawn at? Is it just a regular 11 X 16 sheet on its side, where you could draw two pages at once? EDIT: I guess that's just double page spreads. Still curious about what paper sizes were used.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Fatboydale

not really a set size for british artwork , early artwork is much larger the standard 11x17 American  these pages are 26 x 16 for the dp and single page 16 x 14 , Simon Harrison art is 28 x 20 ???

hippynumber1

How much are you looking for Dale?

opaque

Am I the only one who keeps being unable to see any photos?
Sometimes it shows me but most of the time I can't see anything. And I hate to miss out.

Emperor

Quote from: Fatboydale on 01 April, 2012, 08:51:45 PM
Sorry to bore you guys , these pages are up for grabs

You might be better off starting a new thread in the Classified section - a thread for people ohhing and ahhing over fine pictures might not be conducive to inducing a buying frenzy. ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Fatboydale

Not sure if this has been up ?? but great Higgins artwork

opaque

How much of your artwork is in frames Dale?
I've only got a couple in frames but the rest is all in a map cabinet

vzzbux

Quote from: Mikey on 01 April, 2012, 12:22:56 PM
Nice pages vzz - is that a scanned colour print of the inked page? Really great colours...

It's the inked page with the clear vinyl speech overlay.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

lusignon

Original Dredd cover art by Mark Harrison. Forgotten which issue number. Pete Wells should be interested in this, I would post this in his covers thread but I'm new to the board so I can't yet.

Emperor

Oh I'm sure he'll be in touch ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

W. R. Logan

Quote from: lusignon on 07 April, 2012, 02:22:41 PM
Original Dredd cover art by Mark Harrison. Forgotten which issue number. Pete Wells should be interested in this, I would post this in his covers thread but I'm new to the board so I can't yet.

Prog 1150

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=prog&page=profiles&choice=1150

Spikes

Dredd and Spikes arrive at the town of In-between (mainly normal!) and come a cropper.

Dr Feeley Good

My eBay auction for the Henry Flint Dredd vs Aliens page finishes tomorrow afternoon if anyone is interested !!!

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 07 April, 2012, 08:16:15 PMDredd and Spikes arrive at the town of In-between (mainly normal!) and come a cropper.

Why you... You can't post that!  It's banned!

Congrats on another fine score, Iain!

:D