Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT art droid Round 2 - Leigh Gallager or Steve Yeowell

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 January, 2021, 06:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Andrew_J

Based purely on time and effort I have to say Leigh Gallagher.

AlexF

Based purely on being the artist whose work I admire more, Leigh Gallagher.

TordelBack

If Leigh wasn't already deep in my affections since the spectacular Defoe, the brilliant balancing act of Hook-Jaw would bed him right in there.

However, Zenith Phase 2 and 3, Devlin Waugh and Red Seas trample all before them, so it has to be Yeowell for me.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rogue Judge

Leigh Gallagher, for Kingmaker.

There are a couple great From the Drawingboard episodes worth watching on YouTube featuring Gallagher.

credo

Yeowell, for Zenith (especially Phase 3) and the Devlin Waugh cycle. He also does a very under-appreciated Dredd.

shaolin_monkey

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Anyone who has the misfortunte to read my whittering here know how I want this to go. And I don't think it will be by the look...

I WILL BE TAKING NAMES if that happens. Don't make me cry.

Vote closes in the morning and I'll annouce the result then.

BPP

Funnily enough 2 artists I don't think benefit from colour, their linework being so unique and powerful.

Despite the impact of Defoe - it has to be the progs Matisse - Yeowell.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

DrJomster

Actually, Mr Yeowell could be in both classic and current, couldn't he? I couldn't see him in the classic list, so am assuming I can go for any of his work and he just happens to be in the current list. I'm sure this was discussed before somewhere...

Anyway, all that aside, Steve for Zenith and That Awesome Work On Devlin in particular. I have a soft spot for The Red Seas and Sinister Dexter too of course.

Leigh has done some storming work though. Just look at the Kingmaker example a post or two above, gorgeous!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

STOP THE VOTE

I'm in a real dilemma here. This one was close and therefore I fully intend to take the result to the highest court in the land, I know an ex-major of New York whose looking for a new client to help me with that. Should the numerous legal angles fall apart I will rally a mob of my most fervant troops and storm the Nerve Centre as the driods validate the vote. Its okay I've got this covered...

...except it was my vote... and I did the counting ... and there is no evidence of malpractice... damnit. Anyone seen any votes for the Mighty Yeowell being burnt... come on cast doubt...

Well in that case I'll annouce

Leigh Gallagher

As getting into the Quarter Finals but I'll not be attending... what... I run it... DAMN!