Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Great episode - curiously, I have no memory of the strike!  Given I can recall the horro of missing out on prog 228 due to a holiday and stupid newsagent thinking I had given up on my 7 months long order, that seems very odd...

sheridan

Quote from: Leigh S on 22 August, 2018, 06:26:29 PM
Great episode - curiously, I have no memory of the strike!  Given I can recall the horro of missing out on prog 228 due to a holiday and stupid newsagent thinking I had given up on my 7 months long order, that seems very odd...

Hope you managed to get a copy in the end - so, there's this new character called Rogue Trooper, right?

Leigh S

At least there wasn't the end of a really gripping Dredd classic in there or anything.....   >:(

Quote from: sheridan on 22 August, 2018, 06:46:30 PM
Quote from: Leigh S on 22 August, 2018, 06:26:29 PM

Hope you managed to get a copy in the end - so, there's this new character called Rogue Trooper, right?

Colin YNWA

I love the way the energy dropped - in a good way - as soon as you started to discuss Halo Jones and both of you got quieter and more reflective. Just goes to show what an impact that series can have!

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 August, 2018, 06:19:46 PM
I love the way the energy dropped - in a good way - as soon as you started to discuss Halo Jones and both of you got quieter and more reflective. Just goes to show what an impact that series can have!

Certainly more of that to come as Halo Jones gets more serious!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and eighteenth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 378-382 of 2000AD, covering August and September of 1984. This week Halo Jones goes shopping, Dredd and Mean are on a mission, Johnny Alpha is in trouble, and Ace Garp breaks out!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Lobo Baggins

I wish I'd appreciated that Halo Jones cliffhanger at the time - I was still decidedly nonplussed by the whole thing when I was 10.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling hundred and nineteenth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 383-386 of 2000AD, covering September and October of 1984. This week Halo Jones goes out for real, Dredd heads for the sewers, Johnny Alpha settles things with his dad, and Major Magnam returns, as do the Dictators of Zrag!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!

Eamonn Clarke

I've read Halo Jones multiple times, I've reviewed it twice on my podcast, and I still got new insights from the Conrad Fox double act.
Great stuff.

Dandontdare

On the subject of Johnny's torture at the hands of his dad - do we reckon that Kreelman is implanting specific imagery and visions, or is he just pumping him full of drugs and allowing Johnny's subconscious to fill in the details? Either way, that 'bondage daddy' vision says a LOT about one of them!

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 03 September, 2018, 02:47:17 PM
I've read Halo Jones multiple times, I've reviewed it twice on my podcast, and I still got new insights from the Conrad Fox double act.
Great stuff.

Thanks! That means a lot. There's more tBoHJ talk coming up in the Spinnies for 1984, and of course when book two starts in early 85.

Quote from: Dandontdare on 03 September, 2018, 03:01:34 PM
On the subject of Johnny's torture at the hands of his dad - do we reckon that Kreelman is implanting specific imagery and visions, or is he just pumping him full of drugs and allowing Johnny's subconscious to fill in the details? Either way, that 'bondage daddy' vision says a LOT about one of them!

I'm pretty sure Kreelman is choosing them, because when the situation starts he knows that Johnny is being attacked by rats. I guess it makes sense, since Kreelman is literally torturing Johnny, but the clothing choice is indeed concerning!

Lobo Baggins

Rogue Trooper never finished the side missions (he's completely forgotten about the Bagman's damaged chip arc, and Colonel Kovert was last seen swearing to get his revenge*), but the game has clearly had enough of Rogue ignoring all the clues he's supposed to be following** and has just literally dropped the end game directly on his head.  You just know he's heading for the Worst Ending.  The Big Bad's going to get killed in a cutscene if he's not careful...

*He was never seen or mentioned again.

**Most recently, the bodylooter in Just Routine, who said he knew something about the Traitor - did Rogue try to find his ship, or his base, or try to make contact with any of his acquaintances...? Nope, he just wanders off.

***There is no third footnote.  Move along!
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Dark Jimbo

:lol: I adore your Rogue/game analogies.
@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 03 September, 2018, 04:10:07 PM
Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 03 September, 2018, 02:47:17 PM
Great stuff.

Thanks! That means a lot. There's more tBoHJ talk coming up in the Spinnies for 1984, and of course when book two starts in early 85.

Pretty sure this week's cover was my Grail Page on Eamonn's podcast...

Really looking forward to hearing the new insights now, which I'll do the moment I've posted this :-)

SpaceSpinner2000

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 04 September, 2018, 06:07:43 PM
Rogue Trooper never finished the side missions (he's completely forgotten about the Bagman's damaged chip arc, and Colonel Kovert was last seen swearing to get his revenge*), but the game has clearly had enough of Rogue ignoring all the clues he's supposed to be following** and has just literally dropped the end game directly on his head.  You just know he's heading for the Worst Ending.  The Big Bad's going to get killed in a cutscene if he's not careful...

*He was never seen or mentioned again.

**Most recently, the bodylooter in Just Routine, who said he knew something about the Traitor - did Rogue try to find his ship, or his base, or try to make contact with any of his acquaintances...? Nope, he just wanders off.

***There is no third footnote.  Move along!

Oh man, that's true. He'll never get the platinum trophy at this rate! I must agree, this is a top quality metaphor!