Main Menu

The Trailer Thread

Started by radiator, 16 November, 2011, 02:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Captain Marvel trailer.

Looks pretty good to me. Also, yay for [spoiler]punching old ladies in the face[/spoiler]!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

The skrull-ignorant in my house were thoroughly shocked by that SPOILERTAGGED bit.  Result!

JOE SOAP

I just hope to see Fury's eye being stolen by Rocket.

TordelBack

Avengers 4 trailer pushing all the buttons. Nice to be genuinely excited, rather than apprehensive, about a film. Steve Rogers centre stage one last time, the core Avengers ((plus Scott) back together again, it's going to be great.

Hawkmumbler

And no doubt a bittersweet farewell to many actors we've come to love. RDJ and Evans in particular have taken roles thought unadaptable 10 years ago and made them their own, utterly irreplaceable.

Bring on the fireworks.

sheridan

Quote from: Goaty on 06 October, 2017, 08:08:26 PM

Pacific Rim Uprising
https://youtu.be/fUjicxMPDzs

Oh dear... I think Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim CGI was so perfect to this, but that was 4 years ago?!

Pacific Rim Uprising?  You can get something for that...

TordelBack

Dear me, that Hellboy trailer is piss poor. I like everyone it it,  even Little Mo, but it's an ugly mess in every single other respect. I'm trying to work out what they're thinking doingv making this sort of thing instead of the delToro/Perlman Hellboy 3 we actually want. Or, gods forbid, a more faithful adaptation

JOE SOAP

It's a halfway house. According to Mike Mignola it was originally intended as a lower budget sequel to the del Toro films but not with del Toro's more expensive conclusion story, so both de Toro (as Producer) and Perlman jumped ship.

Jim_Campbell

No word of a lie: I got an ad for Imodium before that Hellboy trailer. 10/10 to whichever underpaid junior at an advertising agency saw that opportunity and swooped in.

And, yes, I very much wanted to like this movie. I love Hellboy. I admire a great deal of Marshall's work. I think Harbour's great.

But that trailer has convinced me that I will never, ever see that movie.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 19 December, 2018, 10:55:06 PM
It's a halfway house. According to Mike Mignola it was originally intended as a lower budget sequel to the del Toro films but not with del Toro's more expensive conclusion story, so both de Toro (as Producer) and Perlman jumped ship.

I get all that, just not why this... If the trailer gives an accurate impression, and who's to say it does,  no-ones going to be happy. Why make it at all?

radiator

It looks absolutely awful - the trailer is eye-roll inducing. Total Marvel wannabe with how much they are pushing the awkward comedy. I thought the whole point of this remake was to make a darker, more stripped down version thats more faithful to the original comics? It looks like a complete dogs dinner - even the Hellboy makeup looks bad compared to the GDT version.

Also, Milla Jovovich has been closely associated with the hackiest bargain basement genre garbage for so long that just seeing her mentioned in relation to the film kinda puts even more of a stink on it for me.

TordelBack

I can never get enough Milla.

All I see when I look at this is a Hellboy version of Kingsman, with a plot hingeing on the Arthurian aspect of the character,  but using the Guy Ritchie iteration as a model.  Probably the most tragic thing about it is the reliable money-shot of Anung Un Rama in all his firey glory, and it looks utterly daft (plus you know it's probably from a dream/vision sequence).

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 December, 2018, 11:11:33 PM
I get all that, just not why this... If the trailer gives an accurate impression, and who's to say it does,  no-ones going to be happy. Why make it at all?

Either the trailer people are seriously misrepresenting a more gothic, Mignolaesque R-rated film that doesn't feature songs like the least good Billy Idol choon -or- the Producers who bought the resurrected rights just wanted del Toro's quippy Hellboy as a continuing franchise in the age of the comic-film bonanza and thought everyone would be happy to go along with that - but of course, as we all know, you don't get del Toro's Hellboy without the man himself, and Perlman.

TordelBack

radiator

The trailer for The Kid Who Would Be King completely slipped me by when it went live a few months ago. I must have been busy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWwVD1xdAX4

Wouldn't have much interest in this film based on this trailer were it not for the fact that it's directed (and I think written) by Joe Cornish of Adam & Joe/Attack the Block fame.

It's a pretty rough trailer, but there are flashes of brilliance. We'll see. It's getting dumped in the middle of February next year, so it seems like the studio don't have a lot of confidence in it...