Main Menu

Doctor Who (13th Doctor)

Started by JamesC, 09 November, 2017, 02:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

More significently they were filming outside our office the other day... well we could see the filming from our office window in Sheffield. It was a bit off but we're high up and look onto Park Hill Flats where the Tardis was sat all day. There's a load of close up photos of the filming, but it was all the buzz in the office.

Steve Green

Colin YNWA

Alas there was no need for Sheffield's finest hand and foot double! Missed a trick there the fools.

JLC

Today, 3pm! Trailer for the new series!

Jim_Campbell

OK... as disappointing as the last series turned out to be, this all looks fairly promising.

TRAILER.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

von Boom

I hope they use Stephen Fry and Lenny Henry well and don't waste the opportunity.

Robin Low

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 November, 2019, 03:10:39 PM
OK... as disappointing as the last series turned out to be, this all looks fairly promising.

TRAILER.

It certainly looks like it could be fun, and I'm glad they haven't shrunk the team down.

Kinda glad to see Lenny Henry in there. I wouldn't mind seeing him as the first black Doctor, but I've always wanted him to play it as Deakus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMBXuXOBP4

Evenin', evenin', evenin'. My name is... ahm... ... ... ... the Doctor.

Regards,

Robin

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Robin Low

Quote from: Funt Solo on 23 November, 2019, 05:47:02 PM
Oh man: it's already happened!

I really like the idea of Shaft in a Rupert Bear costume, but I'm still holding out for an elderly Jamaican.

Regards,

Robin

Colin YNWA

Such a lot going on hard to feel any which way about it. Still will be very excited when we have it back.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Well, a spooky if an enjoyable return for the Doctor and an arch-nemesis. How will they survive the [spoiler]old crashing plane I[/spoiler]'ve no idea but I'll be watching on Sunday to find out.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

abelardsnazz

Ooh. Enjoyed that. Good opening, fun guest stars, then that and that happening. Looking forward to where it goes next.

Colin YNWA

Kids loved it and were suitably terrified at the glowy aliens attacking the house in the outback bit.

Me I thought it was good, then terrible, then redemned by an excellent ending.

The big problem was even though the words worst glamorous party and worst James Bond action sequence ever all made sense when you knew it was all [spoiler]a plot by the Master [/spoiler] and you could hand wave it as such at the end. At the point you where watching this James Bond parody it just looked dreadful and was pretty bloomin' awful. The chase sequence completely lacked credability and thus tension.

Still that ending hey! Wow that was good.

Overall nice to have it back.

Tiplodocus

Yes, I right enjoyed that despite any James Bond parody being intrinsically naff.

The chase was spectacularly stupid... it ended and everyone seemed to forget they had just been in a chase.

But that aside, it was great, daft fun and unashamedly family viewing.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

IndigoPrime

I thought it was fun, if a bit long. As for the reveal, I'll be interested to see if they address how that's actually even possible. (Not that it really matters in Doctor Who, obv.)