Main Menu

The Mega-City One Archives Volume 1

Started by Sandman1, 12 December, 2017, 11:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandman1

I'm looking for a really thorough examination of the Justice Department. Details about things like codes they are using during all types of situations with criminal character, the legislation of specific crimes, an inside look in the Grand Hall of Justice itself, et cetera. Can I find this information in The Mega-city One Archives Vol. 1? 
Error...

Bolt-01

This sounds almost like the questions google keeps asking me about places after I visit.

Sandman1

So you are saying that I can find all these essential details on the interweb? Big thanks for your adequate advice.
Error...

Fungus

You realise this is the internet, right?

TordelBack

I don't own the MC Archives volumes, so can't really answer adequately either - but my guess would be 'no', and further, I suspect there is no one canonical source that sets out the kind of information you are looking for, other than the 2500 issues of 2000AD/Megazine.

As with previous queries, I imagine the various RPGs, blogs and Wikis are your best unofficial bet. The '80s GW JD:RPG had a list of criminal codes and call signs, aso did the recent Mongoose one: those are the two I'm familiar with. Neither are comprehensive, both are stitched together from reading the strip and copious supposition.   

Personally I'd advise you try the same route.

Bolt-01

Quote from: Sandman1 on 13 December, 2017, 11:16:27 PM
So you are saying that I can find all these essential details on the interweb? Big thanks for your adequate advice.

Hi Sandman- I was merely commenting on the style of your question, and as I don't own a copy of the Mega-City One Archives V1 I wasn't in a position to answer you.

However my flippant remark did put your question back at the top of the page so maybe you would get more interest that way.

Sandman1

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 14 December, 2017, 09:07:15 AMHi Sandman- I was merely commenting on the style of your question, and as I don't own a copy of the Mega-City One Archives V1 I wasn't in a position to answer you.

What kind of indication did you get from my enunciation of the question?
Error...

I, Cosh

Quote from: Sandman1 on 14 December, 2017, 11:20:26 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 14 December, 2017, 09:07:15 AMHi Sandman- I was merely commenting on the style of your question, and as I don't own a copy of the Mega-City One Archives V1 I wasn't in a position to answer you.

What kind of indication did you get from my enunciation of the question?

The indication is that either English is not your first language, you find it difficult to make people understand you or that you are a robot. It has happened again here because you have misused the word 'enunciation.' This means 'the way words sound when you speak' so it does not make sense when referring to something you have written.
We never really die.

Bolt-01

Hi Sandman1- When I next spend some time answering questions for googlemaps I'll take a screenshot of the type of question they ask. That should show you the similarity between your opening post and the questions asked by the robot...

Oh, and Cosh is right about your use of enunciation.

James Stacey

I do own the MC1 archives volume 1, so can answer adequately, and the answer is also No. Badly laid out, terrible art, basically a book full of padding and fluff. If you imagine a high school project on Judge Dredd you wouldn't be far off the MC archives.

Sandman1

Quote from: I, Cosh on 15 December, 2017, 07:29:31 AMIt has happened again here because you have misused the word 'enunciation.' This means 'the way words sound when you speak' so it does not make sense when referring to something you have written.

I appreciate the correction. I should have used the word formulating instead, or maybe the word phrasing. It's a bit tricky to express yourself in another language.

Quote from: I, Cosh on 15 December, 2017, 07:29:31 AMThe indication is that either English is not your first language, you find it difficult to make people understand you or that you are a robot.

I'm a perfectionist. I don't want to make mistakes when it comes to details—especially when I really revere the source material, so I don't care if my framing of questions comes off as robotic.

Quote from: James Stacey on 15 December, 2017, 09:17:22 AM
I do own the MC1 archives volume 1, so can answer adequately, and the answer is also No. Badly laid out, terrible art, basically a book full of padding and fluff. If you imagine a high school project on Judge Dredd you wouldn't be far off the MC archives.

That's good to know.

Error...

Sandman1

I'm guessing that Justice Department's legislation for certain crimes, for example, hasn't been elaborated in a consistent manner.
Error...