Main Menu

2000AD CREATOR INTERVIEWS

Started by EMPERORBAZ, 06 August, 2009, 10:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMPERORBAZ

Hi All,

A few of you on the boards may remember a few years ago I did a magazine called REDEYE, which featured in each issue an article or interview with various 2000AD creators. Well, I've decided to relaunch REDEYE as a £1 pdf downloadable monthly magazine, and Septembers issue (2.2) will have a good chunk of 2000AD related content including interviews with Frazer Irving and the first part of the long awaited epic Pat Mills interview, one so big we had to split it over three issues.

Other slightly-2000AD related stuff includes interviews with Mike (13) Carey on taking on the Torch at Marvel; Paul (Prog Slog Blog) Rainey; an overview of the Marvelman saga, which is kinda related... and an interview with Fiona Staples, who as far as I know has never done anything for Tharg, but is a damn fine artist worth checking out all the same.

The current August issue (2.1) is still available from www.enginecomics.co.uk and has interviews with Leah Moore and John Reppion; festival organiser Oli Smith; New York illustrator Liz Baillie; Garen Ewing on Rainbow Orchid; Northern Irish illustrator Bridgeen Gillespie; and as part of his 100 Days, 100 Cartoonists series, Citizen (Megazine) Badham talks to creators Adam Cadwell and Jim Medway. Plus THE SECRET HISTORY OF... IRISH COMIX, as Niall Kitson uncovers the growing Irish Comics scene ready for the international stage.

The articles on the great British comics of the past, and the features on the Golden Age Artists of 2000AD were some of the most popular we ever ran, and I'm always happy to take on board suggestions for future features. Feel free to contact me if you have any.

cheers

baz

lborl

Excellent news. So will we finally get to see that 'Grammar of Comics' thing?

EMPERORBAZ

Yep, you will do, in 2.3 out in october. There was a lot of colour artwork that just wouldn't reproduce well in b/w so thought it best to hold it over.

lborl

Colin YNWA

Certainly interested in the September issue as a point to check this out. Make sure to post when its available.

Cheers

Pete Wells

I got this when Origins came out and it was excellent, packed full of 2000AD goodness. I'll certainly be grabbing these for a quid!