Main Menu

The Panel Is Political

Started by Tjm86, 20 August, 2018, 11:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Well, someone picked the right writer for this.  Image Comics in November putting out "24 Panels" in aid of Greenfell. 
Including a contribution from Alan Moore taking a swipe at Boris.

Frank

Quote from: Tjm86 on 20 August, 2018, 11:57:50 AM
Well, someone picked the right writer for this.  Image Comics in November putting out "24 Panels" in aid of Greenfell. 

Melinda Gebbie doesn't arrive until paragraph four, so I got quite excited thinking Moore had picked up the crayons again and drawn Boris himself.  Wasn't aware of the 'get stuffed' incident; that video should represent the end of Johnson's leadership ambitions.

Cheers, Tjm.

TordelBack

Quote from: Frank on 20 August, 2018, 04:58:48 PMWasn't aware of the 'get stuffed' incident; that video should represent the end of Johnson's leadership ambitions.

Surely you mean a 15% boost to his chances?  The more boorish, nasty and incompetent a candidate (or campaign) appears, the better his (or its) chances.  We've all had enough of sensitivity, experts who know things and common human decency, right chums?

I agree about the Gebbie thing, I was looking at that Boris and thinking: blimey, for a half-blind dope-addled shambling mound he hasn't half improved since his Maxwell days.

Professor Bear

Zac Goldsmith's anti-Muslim mayoral campaign spectacularly backfired and resulted in the election of human plank Sadiq Khan, so there's clearly some other kind of alchemy at work to make Bojo bulletproof.  I personally suspect some sort of genetic-level deference to inbred fops afflicts a large enough percentage of the British populace that the Clown At Midnight can leverage it into political respectability he's never earned nor deserved.

M.I.K.

Quote from: Professor Bear on 20 August, 2018, 06:40:05 PM
I personally suspect some sort of genetic-level deference to inbred fops afflicts a large enough percentage of the British populace that the Clown At Midnight can leverage it into political respectability he's never earned nor deserved.

More likely it's just because they thought he was funny on Have I Got News For You. That seems to be how it works these days.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Frank on 20 August, 2018, 04:58:48 PM
Quote from: Tjm86 on 20 August, 2018, 11:57:50 AM

Melinda Gebbie doesn't arrive until paragraph four, so I got quite excited thinking Moore had picked up the crayons again and drawn Boris himself.  Wasn't aware of the 'get stuffed' incident; that video should represent the end of Johnson's leadership ambitions.

Cheers, Tjm.

You'd think that, but sadly his schtick seems to be charming a lot of people.

Fair play to Alan Moore.  This reminds me of his very old stuff.  I've been listening to PWEI a lot lately and they're dead right about his knowing the score.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"