Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: Rebellion To Reprint The Last American
« Last post by Frank on Today at 01:34:05 am »
Wish it was, but Metalzoic's DC property. On Eamonn's latest Megacity Book Club podcast (Leopard Of Lime Street), Keith Richardson talks about trying (and failing) to convince them to let Rebellion reprint it under license.

JOE SOAP points out that the progs where Metalzoic was reprinted carry disclaimers saying everything's copyright DC.

Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
« Last post by Dandontdare on Today at 12:58:14 am »
well said sir
« Last post by I, Cosh on 21 July, 2017, 11:42:59 pm »
Metalzoic.
Megazine / Re: Meg 386 - Last Breath
« Last post by Richard on 21 July, 2017, 11:31:30 pm »
Nick, is there any chance you could put those concept art pictures of Fear online somewhere?
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
« Last post by Trout on 21 July, 2017, 11:21:23 pm »
Cheeky girls
Oh boys cheeky girls
Oh girls cheeky boys
Oh boys cheeky girls
Oh girls cheeky boys
Oh boys cheeky girls
Oh girls cheeky boys
Oh boys cheeky girls
Oh girls cheeky boys
Never ever ask what do you do
I never ever ask what do you do
I never ever ask what's in your mind
I never ever ask if you'll be mine
Come and smile
Don't be shy
Touch my bum - this is life
We are the cheeky girls, we are the cheeky girls
You are the cheeky boys, you are the cheeky boys
We are the cheeky girls, we are the cheeky girls
You are the cheeky boys, you are the cheeky boys
Hmmmmmm cheeky cheeky
Oh boys cheeky girls
Oh girls cheeky boys
Oh boys cheeky girls
Oh girls cheeky boys
Oh boys cheeky girls
Oh girls cheeky boys
Oh boys cheeky girls
Oh girls cheeky boys
Never ever…
General / Re: JULY ART COMP - THE WORLDS OF PAT MILLS
« Last post by Leigh S on 21 July, 2017, 11:10:52 pm »
Added Finn (everything is better with Finn, - certainly those 90s progs! Also gave Shako a bit of a rework... no more Lucas style meddling from me! 

« Last post by Frank on 21 July, 2017, 10:43:32 pm »
I copied everything * from David Bishop's epic interview with Alan Grant in Megazines 266-268.

Tom's post got me thinking: if retaining copyright was their main reason for doing the project, I'm not sure the other half of the big two would have been an option.

Does anyone know if DC were letting creators retain copyright in the late eighties? They dangled ownership of Watchmen in front of Moore and Gibbons, then changed their minds.

* ... and forgot Wagner & Grant did Nightbreed for Epic - thanks, Cal-hab. They did Unamerican Gladiators, featuring Lobo and The Outsiders, for DC too.
Totally buying this and giving it to the kids at Halloween! Erm, after I've read it first, obviously...
Megazine / Re: Meg 386 - Last Breath
« Last post by Colin YNWA on 21 July, 2017, 09:46:14 pm »
Fair to middling Meg for me, boosted by an excellent Dredd to start us off. Jake Lynch's art is just sublime and the action and fun, all be it in a story that feels there to move piece into place, is in plenty. Just solid fun storytelling.

Anderson was fine BUT I felt completely disjointed from what I remember this story being, really enjoyed it BUT was sat here thinking HUH how did we get from A to B. I suspect that's got more to do with the fact I'm old and rubbish these days, but by George I don't normally lose the plot this much...

... Though Havn tells me otherwise. I love reading this but as much for the moment as for the prospect of reading it again in one go when I get round to it and fit it all together. At the moment it feels like well contructed moments but there so much there to reveal what I'm not getting on this read that this story excits me even as it loses me.

As opposed to Domin-world or whatever its called. See this undenibly a well told set up, providing a creepy atmospheric start but I just don't care. While it might be great all my head says is "Oh God not more Dark Judges, I thought we'd done with them"....

... so there you have it stories that lose me I enjoy, well written, clear openers leave me cold... my opinion is worth nowt!
« Last post by Tomwe on 21 July, 2017, 09:40:04 pm »
Wow thanks to Gordon & Frank for their posts, much appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10