Main Menu

So Bradley Walsh isn't even news to you people anymore???

Started by Leigh S, 23 October, 2017, 05:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

sheridan

I always thought that Katarina was a lost opportunity (though Leela is sort of a warrior version of the 'primitive-in-space' concept that the early Who writers chickened out of).

The Enigmatic Dr X

This isn't news, though, is it? It was leaked months ago.
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 23 October, 2017, 10:27:01 PM
Rory was my favourite...

Aye, Rory was great. Really the modern companions have generally been good, even if their story arcs have dragged them to irritatingly mawkish places (Rose Tyler, I'm looking at you).

Timothy

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 October, 2017, 09:11:32 PM
Quote from: von Boom on 23 October, 2017, 08:54:44 PMSame here.
Which, I assume everyone realises, was my point.

Although if I hadn't followed the link the text could equally have applied to Nardole, who also exceeded expectations.

Mattofthespurs

As always, I'm in the 'wait and see' camp before making any kind of comment.
He could be good, he could be shit.
Does depend on the scripts of course.

Was never a fan of Matt Lucas (doesn't help that he's a Gooner) but I liked him in Who.

ABCwarBOT

I like Bradley Walsh but even though he's done some acting (which is a bit dodgy) he's much more known as a gameshow host.   I wonder if an older well known man has been brought in because of the backlash against a female Doctor.

Mind you I couldn't care less about the programme now anyway.   Load of rubbish.

TordelBack

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 25 October, 2017, 10:17:43 PM
I like Bradley Walsh but even though he's done some acting (which is a bit dodgy) he's much more known as a gameshow host.

And Billie Piper was more known as a pop singer, and Catharine Tate and Matt Lucas were more known as comedians, and Bernard Cribbins read the Wombles and Jackanory. So bloody what. It's called acting, you pretend to be someone you're not, then in your next job you pretend to be someone else again. 

And yes, of course a male companion has been cast specifically to play against a female doctor. Again, so what? 

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 October, 2017, 10:27:06 PM
I like Bradley Walsh but even though he's done some acting (which is a bit dodgy) he's much more known as a gameshow host.

And Billie Piper was more known as a pop singer, and Catharine Tate and Matt Lucas were more known as comedians, and Bernard Cribbins read the Wombles and Jackanory. So bloody what. It's called acting, you pretend to be someone you're not, then in your next job you pretend to be someone else again. 

And yes, of course a male companion has been cast specifically to play against a female doctor. Again, so what?

To be honest I never liked Piper or Tate in the show either.   Not only were they fairly well known before (especially Tate) but I found them both annoying.   There again I've never been a big fan of the new show since 2005 anyway.   I like it even less now. 

Goaty

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I quite like Mister Walsh. Watching him on ITV's "The Chase", he does that thing Big Brucie Forsyth did. He doesn't try to be likeable, he just seems to like you. It's very endearing.
You may quote me on that.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Mister Pops on 26 October, 2017, 02:51:38 AM
I quite like Mister Walsh. Watching him on ITV's "The Chase", he does that thing Big Brucie Forsyth did. He doesn't try to be likeable, he just seems to like you. It's very endearing.

Yes he's a good gameshow host.   I think he's also got a bit of a female following.which could bump up the viewer figures.

Modern Panther

I'm sick of the BBC and their pro Bradley Walsh agenda.  Bradley Walsh can do whatever he likes in the privacy of his own home, but this is clearly an attempt to brainwash children into being inoffensive day time TV presenters. 

Jim_Campbell

Mind you I couldn't care less about the programme now anyway.   Load of rubbish.

And yet your opinions on it make up 75% of your posts since the end of August.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 October, 2017, 12:56:57 PM

And yet your opinions on it make up 75% of your posts since the end of August.

So?   I'm perfectly entitled to state my opinion on it.   There hasn't been much Dredd tv series news lately which is the main thing I come on here for.