Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mardroid

Quote from: vzzbux on 17 December, 2012, 06:31:38 PM
He looks kind of sad and worried.

I think I'd look that way if a helmet was squidging my head up like that!

I do largely like it though, although I prefer my Dredd darker blue, if not black. And with not such tight trousers...

shaolin_monkey

Am I right in saying there's usually only about seven links in the badge chain?

Judge Fish

Anyone who purchased the exclusive version direct from Sideshow, make sure that you contact them and inform them that you didn't receive the Call-me-Kenneth robot parts in the box, as apparently scuttlebutt is that they have decided to be asses about things and only supply the replacement parts that come in from PCS to those who contact them and ask about it, and are thereby placed "on the list", rather than doing what they should do, and just send them automatically to everyone who ordered, given that due to a factory error, nobody actually got said parts.

Of course, it could also be that they are confused as anybody, and don't rightly know what is going on themselves or what course of action is to be taken yet, but better safe than sorry as they say.

Last I heard the replacement parts, due to Christmas and New Year, are now not expected to be fully made and shipped until sometime in February. Personally, given Chinese New Year falls in early February next year, I'd say that March is actually more likely. Pretty annoying, but what can you do, eh?

Also please tell anyone you know who purchased the exclusive to do likewise, so they don't get screwed over by any Sideshow laziness in distributing the missing pieces.   

When you do so, you can expect an email back that goes something like this:

Thank you for your email and I am sorry to hear that the pieces were missing form your Exclusive Judge Dred. We have added your information to our waiting list for these items and hope to be able to provide you with more information from Pop Culture Shock shortly.

As soon as we have an estimated arrival time for the missing pieces we will be in touch.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Michael Tolentino
Customer Service Manager

Bloop.

Judge Fish

Just received mine, and as much as I wanted and hoped to love it, unfortunately I'd have to agree with much of what has been said above. Bottom line, the quality of this piece just isn't up to scratch for the price. The sculpt isn't bad at all, and I can accept that on artistic license grounds, despite some inaccuracies and frankly odd decisions, but the detailing and paint work is downright mediocre (at best), parts of it feel very cheap, materials wise, and overall it is just nowhere near the quality one should expect of a $500 piece.

I've been collecting statues for quite a few years now, including many 1:4 scale pieces, from various manufacturers, and this one, for the price, just doesn't cut it in my books. Yes, the size is impressive, and gives it presence, but that is really this piece's biggest asset. Take that away and while the emperor may not quite be naked, he's certainly prancing around in his underoos.

There are a couple of statue forums that I frequent where a few people are absolutely raving over this piece, and having mine in hand I just don't see why. This is hardly a home run, let alone the masterpiece some are raving it to be. Perhaps it is quite telling that most of those praising this statue are casual Dredd fans at best, in fact many are barely familiar with the character, and just bought it because they thought it looked cool...why you'd blow $500 on a piece based on a character that you had no attachment to, I don't know, but there you are. 

But almost all of these people are regular statue collectors, and I just find it utterly flummoxing that they can't see any of the myriad issues with this piece, just on basic quality and execution grounds. I mean a couple of them are rabid cheerleading fanboys for the company in question, so their hyperbole is expected, but others usually seem more fair and grounded in their opinions, but pretty much all of them are going on like this is the statue of the year or something. I just don't get that at all.

Yeah, now I won't be ordering their Judge Death at all. Again I like much of what they have shown of the sculpt, but as huge a fan as I am of (almost) all things Dredd, PCS's efforts here just haven't earnt my leap of faith, let alone my return business.

And my wait for a truly great Judge Dredd statue continues...

Bloop.

COMMANDO FORCES

I did video myself opening this for my blog but it ended up with me spouting so much anger that it may never be seen >:(

Large48

Open mine at last and the chain is broken as well!!!!!!!!!!! - cheap shyte!

What email address shoudl we use to chase the missing parts and to try and get my exchanged!

Mailed Sideshow direct but no response yet.

:(
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

JOE SOAP

Hawkmumbler

Judge Fish

Quote from: Large48 on 23 December, 2012, 01:15:27 PM
Open mine at last and the chain is broken as well!!!!!!!!!!! - cheap shyte!

What email address shoudl we use to chase the missing parts and to try and get my exchanged!

Mailed Sideshow direct but no response yet.

:(

Sideshow is notoriously lazy/slow in responding to CS inquiries. At any given time you can usually expect to wait between two or three days just to get a response, so don't panic if you don't hear back from them immediately. Because, well, you won't. Ever. But they do respond and sort things out eventually. And things tend to get a bit quicker after that initial response, and your issue is 'in the system' as it were.

If you need something done that just can't wait, the best bet is to call them (customer service line number is on the website), but I've never done that, so I don't know how smooth (or not) that process is, even putting aside any call costs.

You can probably add another few days on top of that expected wait at the moment, as the office is closed for the holidays, and I think they will be unstaffed until the 27th, and even then they'll still be understaffed, no doubt, and working their way through backlogged CS emails, so yeah, don't be too surprised if you don't hear back until sometime next week.   
Bloop.

COMMANDO FORCES

Celtic Chief

I pick mine up when I get back to Aberdeen.  Love a good statue, I am the same way with Batman that Judge Burdis is with Dredd, and I've been looking for a nice Dredd piece for a while now.  Fingers crossed its better than the reviews suggest.   

Large48

Not only do I get a broken one, I now get the VAT bill of £73.25.........

Anyone else had theirs yet?

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

dweezil2

Quote from: Large48 on 28 December, 2012, 02:03:24 PM
Not only do I get a broken one, I now get the VAT bill of £73.25.........

Anyone else had theirs yet?

Got mine today! Bit of a shock and not much of an Xmas bonus!

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo