Main Menu

Prog 2058 - A Frosty Reception

Started by A.Cow, 18 November, 2017, 12:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton canes

Great cover. Cliff Robinson has really found his calling with his Dredd covers.

Miscellaneous details I like about this cover:

• Dredd's face is just perfectlycraggy enough
  • I see the Sovs are still on the old-style Lawgivers
  • Liking Zima's forward-swept helmet
  • Is that the outline of Dredd's left shoulder-pad? It looks a bit like a projecting spine
  • And is the embossed bit of his helmet unique to the 'cold conditions' model, or is it something Robinson's been doing for a while?

Dredd: Still not quite clear why the MC1 Judges should have trekked all the way to Siberia on the strength of one distress call. An excuse for a 'reconnaissance mission'?

Slaine: Ahhhhh, didn't see that coming! The pot boils on.

Absalom: It's been the go-to Top Thrill for the last few weeks now, and this installment is every bit as good.

3riller: To be honest I got halfway through this and was so underwhelmed I only skip-read the rest. However as the response here has been generally positive I'll give it my fullest attention at the next opportunity. It'll probably turn out to be a Slaine crossover :)

IP: It's OK. It needs more soul, more humour. It's not fulfilling its potential.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I consider myself a reasonably clever bloke.

I've no idea, at all, what happened in Indigo Prime. I forced myself to re-read the whole thing today so I could post here.

I honestly think this is the most incoherent nonsense I've ever read. Anywhere.

And the odd thing is that I am annoyed at myself about this, as I feel I should be able to follow it. I can't. It just slips past my eyes like visual gibberish. Maybe that's the idea?

And WTF? Revere but not Tyranny Rex?
Lock up your spoons!

Fungus

Thank you. Totally agree (I'm some megs and progs behind but the point stands). I haven't the energy to go back and see if I'm at fault when weekly gibberish MIGHT be better reread as one collected piece, but even if that was so, publishing weekly isn't an enjoyable read.

Nigel is a very good writer - we chatted at the 40th :-) - but aping an incomprensible style here is thankless on several levels.

I respect people liking this, some do, but while opinions are being shared, that's my reaction to IP.

(Recent Dredd, IP, SlaIne may be the reason I've gotten behind and am questioning my subscription at the moment).