Main Menu

Warlord Dredd Game!

Started by Leigh S, 02 October, 2019, 07:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Those ABC Warriors are quality.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Mmmm, the Foundry Warriors are nice. Mongoose did good ones too, especially Happy, but being Mongoose they  naturally only did 6: no Steelhorn/Mess, Ro-Jaws, Morrigun, Mad Ron or even Hitaki to make up the magic number. And for some reason their War Memories-version Hammerstein is absolutely enormous.

TordelBack

TordelBack

Nor even Zippo. Come to think of it, there are 7 options to fill that 7th slot. Millstastic.

Leigh S

was sorting through my Foundry minis yesterday - Got most of them, but sadly I didnt get the Dark Judges! Did you get the full set?  83 (?) or so?

sheridan

Quote from: Leigh S on 30 November, 2019, 12:08:35 PM
was sorting through my Foundry minis yesterday - Got most of them, but sadly I didnt get the Dark Judges! Did you get the full set?  83 (?) or so?

I got the full set, except for the Cauldron of Blood.  Don't ask how much it cost me, but it's more than the end-of-line sale Foundry did when they lost the licence (or whatever happened - the timing seems very close to the last JD miniatures game from Warlord to me).

sheridan

p.s. The DHL website is confusing - I was expecting it to be the sort of delivery company that only delivers M-F 9-5, and hopes that people work those times and will only deliver at weekends for an additional premium (I'm looking at you, DPD*).  Anyway, long and short of it, I didn't have to wait until Monday to pick up my delivery from a local corner shop - it got delivered today - meaning I have far too many miniatures to look at right now.

* Have you heard my rant about DPD?  I'm sure I've mentioned it here before - the premium for outside-normal-working-hours delivery is only the beginning of the issues I have with them.

sheridan

Last bit on Wargames Foundry, as it's a diversion from this thread - I've made a post on my prog slog blog (more so I have an editable page with a list of what miniatures there were, that I'll be able to find in future than anything else).
2000AD miniatures

sheridan

I dug out my copy of the rulebook from the 2013 Warlord Games Judge Dredd Miniatures Game to compare the rules - they're looking pretty different on the face of it.  What is odd is that the list of contributors is completely different - I didn't spot even one name that was the same.  I'd expect at least some of the personnel to remain in the space of six years (no doubt there's some highly political and controversial shennanigans that went on that I'm completely unaware of).

While digging out that rulebook I also picked out some of the Lawmasters from previous miniature manufacturers - the scale is on a different order than those ones.  Not sure if this is supposed to be 28mm or 35mm...

TordelBack

Sigh, there's nothing I enjoy more than a good old fashioned miniatures blog post. Web 2.0 was where it was at,  everything has been downhill since.

The Warlord minis game was bought complete from Mongoose,  along with their minis.  There's no overlap in creators.

So I cracked and added Arch-Villains to my list. I really like the Grice and Narcos figures, and the Bisley-style Mean is a nice counterpoint to the two-armed McMahon version from Mongoose. The Death is an improvement on the curiously chubby Mongoose one, although if there's one mini I have enough of its old Sidney.

TordelBack

I meant to say "The 2013 Warlord minis game was bought complete from Mongoose, along with their minis,  and reissued."

sheridan

I've never posted my own image on this forum before, so let's hope imgur pulls through.

sheridan

Quote from: sheridan on 30 November, 2019, 06:17:34 PM
I've never posted my own image on this forum before, so let's hope imgur pulls through.

Yep - so what that's showing is a comparison of scales of all the types of lawmaster I have.  They're all pressed up against the box so that it's easier to tell how long they are.

From left to right are:

• Citadel lawmaster type 1
  • Citadel lawmaster type 2 (look at the bits around the back wheel for the difference)
  • citadel Brit-Cit lawmaster
  • lawmaster of uncertain origin - I got it as part of a job lot - the detail at the back is great but I'm not so keen on the front wheel section
  • latest Warlord Games lawmaster
  • another Citadel lawmaster type 1 (I've added the 'types' myself for differentation)
  • latest Warlord Games Judge Dredd miniature
I'd have added a few other Dredds, but they need bases.

Go to my imgur for other fun stuff (not much, I've only just posted a few things today).

TordelBack

S'right,  the Citadel Lawmasters are teeny tiny, even small by comparison with the true-28mm judges of that line. The Mongoose ones seem a better fit with the Warlord version,  helped by the fact that the former is close to the old-school design,  as opposed to Warlord's Willsher leanings.

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 November, 2019, 05:45:58 PM[/size]So I cracked and added Arch-Villains to my list. I really like the Grice and Narcos figures, and the Bisley-style Mean is a nice counterpoint to the two-armed McMahon version from Mongoose. The Death is an improvement on the curiously chubby Mongoose one, although if there's one mini I have enough of its old Sidney.

What with my incomplete Citadel collection, my almost complete except for Cauldron of Blood Wargames Foundry miniatures, Osprey Helter Skelter and now Warlord miniatures, what I'm really hoping for next is characters that have never been miniaturised before!  My Sidney count: 3.  Mean count: 4 (two without arm, one with, can't remember which version Citadel released).  Gronk count: 4.

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 November, 2019, 05:47:41 PM
I meant to say "The 2013 Warlord minis game was bought complete from Mongoose, along with their minis,  and reissued."

Gotcha.

p.s. in case that imgur post link didn't work earlier, this one should second time lucky.