Main Menu

'Start again!!!!'

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 17 March, 2008, 08:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Remember the Monty Python clown that pokes his head into the foreground saying 'Start Again!! ' with wave of their gloved hand.

This is what I had pictured in my mind , when I had just presssed the submit button afer spending a good hour writing a post on this messageboard and watching the entire page dissappear without so much as saving itself. Like it should.

It's like the page eaten by something.

Perhaps a virus.

It has happened a few times lately and is quite annoying. I sometimes get that useless non-descript error message as the page pops into non-existance.

Jus tlike a few moment ago.

Though it would pay for me to COPY the entire message before I submitt it. I don't always remember to.

I would like to know what it is that keeps doing this.

I guess it may be the side effects of some spyware that downloaded itself on the computer on another occasion.

Keef Monkey

You spent an hour writing a post?

ThryllSeekyr

Sort of ....

I am a slow typist..

I was discribing the front page of a Slaine Graphic Novel.

'Lord of Misrule' written in German.

I was discribing the first four panels, dialoge/narrative translated to English. Not being really sure and wanting to know if my version had page or two missing.

I won't be attempting that again for a while atleast.

TordelBack

Suggestion:  if you have to, always write long posts in a text editing / word processing program, then cut and paste in.  Browsers and forums are fickle things.  I do it with important e-mails, because my webmail always seems to screw me over when I need it most.