Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con - 30 June 2018

Started by Satanist, 15 January, 2018, 10:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: Buttonman on 29 June, 2018, 10:29:08 PM
Sorry to be missing this but off to Benidorm in the morning.

Say hello to Pat Mills.

Trooper McFad

Just back from this and really enjoyed meeting Tom, Ian John and Dan Cornwell getting sketches from the Tom and Dan and an original Hammerstein & Rowjaws (coloured) piece from Ian.

The whole con was nice but not too small or too busy where you can still walk round without knocking into people with your rucksack.

BHP comics either hosts or sponsors this so a lot of their stable there to check out. There was a lot of cosplayers for the size of con. Always amazed at the efforts people go to for their heroes. I was even arrested by Dredd in the Buchanan Street Gallery's for loitering  :D

Depending on the guests I would go again as its relativity close to get too from East lothian.

Tom recommended going to the Bristol con for whatever reincarnation this evolves into from Lawgiver so I'll have to save ma pennies.

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Proudhuff

I ended up missing this as a long lie and great breakfast at Citizen M, seemed a better option, and company  :-X

Passed the entrance on the way to Queen St and it seemed packed with young female cosplayers in various states of undress, another sign its not for me as I never recognised one character  :-\

The layout and tables seemed similar to last year so nothing different enough to catch my eye... sigh maybe next year?
DDT did a job on me

GordyM

Quote from: Proudhuff on 04 July, 2018, 12:37:30 PM
Passed the entrance on the way to Queen St and it seemed packed with young female cosplayers in various states of undress, another sign its not for me as I never recognised one character  :-\

I was at it and the number of VERY young girls dressed as the Suicide Squad version of Harley Quinn was disturbing.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file