Main Menu

Things that went over your head...

Started by ming, 09 January, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

It's been said before, but I wonder why Wulf has a German accent when he's from Scandinavia?  Sure, why not, I suppose
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Steve Green

The Old Norse to English crash course isn't quite as good ;)

Dash Decent

When Big Finish did the audios they had a thought that Wulf should pronounce Alpha's name "Yonny" but didn't go with it as it just doesn't sound right.  Wise move.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Steve Green

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dash Decent on 15 October, 2015, 12:28:35 PM
When Big Finish did the audios they had a thought that Wulf should pronounce Alpha's name "Yonny" but didn't go with it as it just doesn't sound right.  Wise move.
Such a shame!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 15 October, 2015, 08:32:41 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 15 October, 2015, 12:28:35 PM
Such a shame!

I don't know... sounds like the kind of thing that could get a tad irritating after a while.  Suppose we'll never know.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tjm86

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 September, 2015, 05:04:01 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 September, 2015, 01:22:09 PM
D'oh!  ::)

I even tried saying it out loud, but didn't twig that.  :-[

Me too, DDD!  :-[

It's like Twoflower's comments about his work in either Colour of Magic or the Light Fantastic.  Inn Sewer Ants was easy but for a long time I didn't get  'Repeating Sound of Underground Spirits'.

ming

Quote from: Tjm86 on 16 October, 2015, 07:16:37 AM

It's like Twoflower's comments about his work in either Colour of Magic or the Light Fantastic.  Inn Sewer Ants was easy but for a long time I didn't get  'Repeating Sound of Underground Spirits'.

Especially as it's "Reflected-sound-of-underground-spirits"...  ;)

JayzusB.Christ

I've just discovered that Tlachtga is a hill a few miles away from my folks' house,  where I grew up. I 'd always connected the name with some similarly titled Aztec or Inca sport I'd read about as a kid.

Tjm86

Quote from: ming on 16 October, 2015, 08:25:01 AM
Quote from: Tjm86 on 16 October, 2015, 07:16:37 AM

Sorry, working from memory in early hours of morning with hangover.  Always a good combination, yes?  ::)

Dash Decent

And the answer is?  My first thought was 'economics' (echo-gnomics) but gnomes aren't spirits so I'm at least half wrong.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

TordelBack

Your answer is correct... Gnomes in their original fairytale conception were indeed spirits.  Blame C. S. Lewis and that saucy Wil Huygen for your modern confusion!

Tjm86

Quote from: Tordelback on 17 October, 2015, 03:13:56 PM
Your answer is correct... Gnomes in their original fairytale conception were indeed spirits.  Blame C. S. Lewis and that saucy Wil Huygen for your modern confusion!

That was the bit that threw me for a while as well.  BTW thanks for correcting my misquote.

sheridan

Quote from: Dash Decent on 17 October, 2015, 03:05:48 PM

And the answer is?  My first thought was 'economics' (echo-gnomics) but gnomes aren't spirits so I'm at least half wrong.

What always confused me about that pun was that I don't pronounce economics in that way (Eek-o-nomics).

pert

Dunno if this has been mentioned before but DJ1's look was obviously based on the Dr Feelgood logo