Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 20 August, 2020, 11:31:47 AM
Those are lovely pages, thanks for sharing.

It's a great series - I've a lot of time for an old-school space-romp like this!  Henry's a Modern Marvel.

Colin YNWA

Those are two fantastic pages Ming. That first one is that Proteus Vex's first appearance? Second page first part?

ming

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 August, 2020, 01:20:16 PM
Those are two fantastic pages Ming. That first one is that Proteus Vex's first appearance? Second page first part?

That's the one!  It was a very striking page when I first read it - there's a lot going on and huge amounts of detail there but it's all so well handled that the page doesn't feel overly busy, more the kind of page you lose yourself in.  The second page I love mainly for Midnight Indicating Shame peeping out from behind Vex's shoulder in the lower panel.

Eamonn Clarke

Dan Cornwell
You can probably see why I bought this page from Dan.

Bolt-01

Spoilery as funt (for me, as I've not got to this bit yet) but isn't it lovely? Those faces? I'm loving seeing how much Dan is improving as an artist and a storyteller.

Colin YNWA

I've commented elsewhere but see no reason not to repeat myself here that is wonderful. Its made me crave a page from Rok The God (or Rod of the Reds) and bet I need to get my skates on as they'll be getting snapped up I imagine.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 25 September, 2020, 09:18:45 AM

Dan Cornwell
You can probably see why I bought this page from Dan.

That's a cracking page.

I'm halfway through Rok of the Gods and some of the pages are a touch of class. (and the rest are great)

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 25 September, 2020, 09:58:52 AM
Spoilery as funt (for me, as I've not got to this bit yet) but isn't it lovely? Those faces? I'm loving seeing how much Dan is improving as an artist and a storyteller.
Apologies for spoilers.
For anyone who hasn't got there yet I'll point out that that page is a TV replay of a match from the first book so technically not?

Colin YNWA

To be fair main character in football comic scores goal ain't that much of a spoiler?

Colin YNWA

Meant to post this last night but I was too busy 'chatting' to Dan about options and then taking the plunge. But Dan is selling a load of art from Dredd, Rok of the Reds, Rok the God and others. You can get in touch with Dan via Facebook to get prices on pages and can I say they are insanely good. I mean really good prices.

You know when you see old catalogues of original art and gasp at the prices, I reckon in a few years we'll be saying this about the prices here as Dan's art makes him a superstar.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2804070946531367&id=100007854662093&ref=content_filter

Suffice to say I have some pieces incoming!

Barrington Boots

If I hadn't literally just stuck a Dan Cornwall page up on the wall I'd be all over this. Although tempted by a Rok page..!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dr Feeley Good

I ordered a Dredd page from him last night too..

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dr Feeley Good on 01 December, 2020, 03:07:43 PM
I ordered a Dredd page from him last night too..

Exciting - from which story?

Dr Feeley Good

http://imgur.com/a/6l1G57Y Excuse the poor pic Colin, I pinched it from Dan's Facebook page...

Colin YNWA