Main Menu

Spines

Started by Fleetos, 12 October, 2011, 04:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

TB we need fotaes of the shelves, before AND after. ;)

I got the Adventures of Herge for my xmas and it's a different size from my Tintin books, why in the name of all that's Snowy would they do that? 
DDT did a job on me

Ancient Otter

Quote from: The Adventurer on 16 January, 2012, 05:13:40 AM
Oh Rebellion. I love it when you troll us.

Does it at least follow the standard design, if not the color scheme? Or is it more like the Mega City Undercover TP?

I've never read that so I can't compare it. Publisher credits are on the inside front cover, along with a large colour illustration of Ampney's car stretching onto the title page, then it's onto standard design. Just noticed there is no spine number either, possibly because the spine is quite narrow compared to other 2000AD collections. If anyone cares :)

I, Cosh

I had known for a while that I needed to reclaim the Rebellion shelf and a half for actual books, so I went out and got myself one of those Argos bastards. Here's the new look.
Top half.

And below the waterline...
We never really die.

The Adventurer

Man, I never realized how fat the Anderson Psi-Files collection is. Damn that's a fat trade.

Also, those Rogue Trooper Tales of Nu-Earth trades have sexy matching spines. So sweet.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

O Lucky Stevie!

Is that Semtex that you've got strapped to the underside of your shelf there Cosh?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Proudhuff

Cosh, What's that PKD book like? anygood?
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 January, 2012, 02:23:42 PM
Yeah. It's a bit French but well worth a read if you've any interest in Dick. A bit of an eye opener in terms of just how mad a bastard he was.
We never really die.

SuperSurfer

That set of Case Files looks great. And I mean that.

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Cosh on 19 January, 2012, 11:16:27 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 19 January, 2012, 02:23:42 PM
Yeah. It's a bit French but well worth a read if you've any interest in Dick. A bit of an eye opener in terms of just how mad a bastard he was.
Cheers, will stick it on ma wish list
DDT did a job on me

Third Estate Ned

What's that Strontium Dog volume 5 book on The Cosh's shelf? Is it The Final Solution? Also, is the 4th Stronty collection any good?

James Stacey

Yep. Final solution is #5

Third Estate Ned

Cheers. I enjoy this thread because, apart from voyeuristically peering into people's living rooms, you can see the fatness of the trades to judge value for money on your next buy.

CF 9 looks fit to burst.

Tombo

Speaking of Argos shelving I picked up a new book case the other day, the smaller version of the one The Cosh bought (which I'm pretty sure is from the Maine range, not the Bastard range  :lol: ).  Pretty good for £14, although because of the hole spacing it's not possible to get three shelves of full sized graphic novels in.  Good thing I'm planning on getting a load of Star Wars and Indiana Jones omnibuses this year.

TordelBack

Quote from: Tombo on 02 February, 2012, 05:52:10 PMPretty good for £14, although because of the hole spacing it's not possible to get three shelves of full sized graphic novels in.

Psst.