Main Menu

Alien: Isolation

Started by von Boom, 25 April, 2014, 02:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt Rhodes

That's me finished it in just over two weeks. I thought it was brilliant, really loved it.
I didn't find it too long, the Alien threat was pretty much constant in one form or another and there is a pleasant surprise in the form of a playable section (around the middle of the game) as a character recites a story which Alien movie fans will love to see :)

Satanist

Its a toss up between this and Evil Within for my halloween game. Tough choice for me as they both got very mixed reviews.

Alien gameplay reminds me of Outlast which I thought was fantastic and Evil Within is compared to RE4 which I also loved.

I think I'll just go with whatever is cheapest at the time as I just cant decide.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Rog69

Really enjoying the game so far but the latest Nvidia drivers have messed it up badly for me, the game crashes on most level loading screens now, which is really annoying with the way the game's save system is implemented.

There are a lot of people reporting this on different forums too, so if you are a member of the master race playing this I would hold off on updating to the latest drivers if you already haven't.

Apparently rolling back to the 340.52 drivers will fix this, just about to do it now.

ThryllSeekyr

I had to remove all my Steam games including this one. Because my hard drive needed the space.

I still have the game saves (For all games) safely stored somewhere.

Goaty

Got Alien: Isolation last night, just £10.69 on Humble Bundle! As but didn't play it yet, so finally play it tonight, and wow, graphic so smooth on my laptop, and so far at start I got flare, still scary, will there be worse to come? as never been feelings that scary for long time!

Zenith 666

Far worse to come.its fucking terrifying on hard.

ThryllSeekyr

I finally managed to upload one of A.I. videos I made, but you won't be impressed....

Jus the Menu

The longer ones involving actual game play are coming soon.

wedgeski

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 14 March, 2015, 10:21:26 PM
Far worse to come.its fucking terrifying on hard.
I don't even know how you would do that. I played on Normal (or whatever the default is), and there are sections I had to redo ten or fifteen times, especially near the end.

Link Prime

I found it just tough enough on 'normal', but will definitely give the harder setting a try at some stage.

It was an intense game though- I won't be going back to it for a while.

Zenith 666

There's a nightmare difficulty as dlc with a broken tracker no health ammo or flashlight indicator more aggressive crew and androids and a Alien that's faster and more adaptable.i said I played it on hard I didn't say I finished in about half way through it yet most of the time I'm cowering in fear.

ThryllSeekyr

Been watching at just a small part of,  but largely listening to two or three of these while looking at a another webpage.....

Alien Isolation - Boarding Sevastapol (#2) with Hannah & Kim!

I would love to know how they do that, have them selves miniaturised at the right bottom of the screen in the foreground of their own gameplay videos.

I have tried to do this myself, but not sure how to use the software properly or wether I'm using the right type for this.

Whole series of these following their entire play through the game. The first one is just Hannah reviewing A.I. - Crew-Expendable with some random guy. I only found one of the later ones they made and what that one for a few moments not knowing where they were at all and then tuned out (While still listening to their charming commentary!) in case it would spoil the rest of the game for me. Then I heard one of go on about the Space-Jockys and tried locate the web page again to catch a glimpse from their talk of them, I'd say there was something different about them and it was only when I managed to find their page that one of them was talking the protagonist through some caves while suited up in one of cricket-pad space suits.

I was only watching that page fro a sec before I switched to another page and then lost it all together after accidently deleting it. Obviously a spoiler. but their commentary was most interesting at that point.

I could find that exact page with out sitting through all of them after that.

wedgeski

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 15 March, 2015, 09:54:53 PMI would love to know how they do that, have them selves miniaturised at the right bottom of the screen in the foreground of their own gameplay videos.
Green-screen (chroma-key) curtain behind them, and a video-mixer that supports it, like X-Split. :)

Keef Monkey

Hard is intense, but enormously satisfying. Glad I played on Normal before moving up to that though.

Did a no deaths playthrough for the achievement but didn't do that on hard, I'm not that mental!

Goaty

Oh crap, Alien: Isolation on sale for £8 on Steam now!

Zenith 666

I love this game but it's kicking my ass.had I been on the Nostromo I'd have died before Kane.Save system causing me biggest problem in that I keep forgetting to save.Modern games have been bloody spoiling me with their auto saves.