Main Menu

Dreddcon VI News Thread...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 01 October, 2005, 05:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

>I'm sure I read you won the pitchfest gary, is this so?

Well I'm obviously too modest to mention it ... but it was a hightlight as well

And I forgot reading the latest epic from the deranged mind of Al Ewing just before I crashed on Sat night ... The Rise and Fall of Dr Risenfall is utter genius, hep-cats.

Art

"Shall I use my evil for good or evil?"

Matt Timson

Ah yes- the nutter in the pub.  I started off well- replying only with the odd non commital grunt here and there (because contrary to popular belief, I don't really like to offend people), but as more boarders arrived, I suddenly found myself shunted well and truly onto the other table and practically on my own with the bloke.  He offered me his paper to read (the Mirror) and engaged me in discussion about the wrongness of Ian Huntley, before progressing to "of course I've been inside meself like..."

And Gary was actually asking me why I wanted to go and eat in MacDonalds as opposed to in the bar.  Next to the nutter.
Pffft...

Quirkafleeg

>And Gary was actually asking me why I wanted to go and eat in MacDonalds as opposed to in the bar. Next to the nutter.

Now I see the logic...

Earlier Brunt had left me alone with him. He started arguing with the newspaper... rather loudly...

Oh and whilst I was in the queue for the chip van (and before you start Timson I was only after a can of pop) I got talking to two South Africans... one of which turned out to be mind-blowingly rasict. Apprently the Apartied times were the 'glory years' and they should have 'shot some more of the black bastards'. And yes the bloke manning the chip wagon was black...

Trout

LOL!

How do you know said "nutter" wasn't a board member?

Or Scojo in disguise...

- (It wasn't) Trout

Art

Weaking out before the impromtu breakdancing competition is definately going down as my biggest regret of the event.

Quirkafleeg

Yeah 'confessions of a drug-fiend' only partialy made up for missing that...

House of Usher

*Tsk* - news, it seems, doesn't travel nearly quickly enough! You utter bastards! There we are, Dreddcon done and dusted, time called in the Oxford Union bar and everyone says let's go to the Three Goats' Heads...

Not a bastard one of you guys says "look out for that nutter Johnny Eyebrows got stuck with last night - you can't miss him: white hair, crutches, pile of newspapers..."

So we're in the pub, there are thirty comic book idiots queueing for a bar with two bar staff and no-one's sitting down, and this bloke says "I'll move up onto this little table, you lot can have the booth". So I sit down and thank the guy. We get chatting. 10 minutes go by. Not another bloody sod sits down.

"What, you're all into comics then? What, Judge Dredd? No, that really doesn't interest me. The Daily Star used to print a daily Judge Dredd strip? I didn't know that and I don't care. I only bought it because it had a story about Ian Huntley and how he's going to live in luxury in Broadmoor after what he did...", etc.

After 30 minutes I take my leave of him. You utter, utter bastards!
STRIKE !!!

Matt Timson

Heh... to make matters worse, after leaving the pub to get away from the bloke, I almost walked out of MacDonalds and straight into the bloke again as he was passing.  Fortunately, I clocked him out of the corner of my eye and did a none too subtle U-turn straight back into MacDonalds...
Pffft...

DavidXBrunt

He's clearly a proffesional nutter and more than capable of getting a conversation by fair means or foul. Later on when no-one was willing to talk he pulled out a mouth organ and played until he was asked about it.

In actual news -

Red Seas 3 and 4 are going to be part of one long story and there are going to be more tangenital tales such as a contemporary story about researchers who are trying to prove that the pirates adventures actually happened cause they're too outlandish to be believed.

Byron Virgo

"Outing Viggo as a ponce for having a cig case."

I clawed that from the dead fingers of my granddad's corpse in the trenches of Verdun, I'll have you know!

Anyway, I thought you then went on to say that I was only the second best dressed person in the world?

"I'll probably be apologising to people in the morning."

Yeah, right!

I liked the point when Timson kept pointing out that I had the same bag that he used to have (except in black). I think this is shortly before he told me that he would hunt me down and kill me if I keyed his car, but would be quite philosophical if I beat him up.

Pete clearly wins the award for 'Most Incomprehensibly Stoned Philiosophical Gibberish' - one day the Alans and Simons will be supplanted, and Als shall rule the Earth.

I wonder if those pictures of Molcher will ever make an apperance?

Also enjoyed DXB's constant offending/apologising to our waiter in the Chinese restaurant on Saturday night. Also, his put down of the former Mini-Bolt has to rank as one of the main highlights for me.

Quirkafleeg

>I clawed that from the dead fingers of my granddad's corpse in the trenches of Verdun, I'll have you know!

And as I told you it only counts it there's a dent in it where the bosche bullet richocetted of it...

>Anyway, I thought you then went on to say that I was only the second best dressed person in the world?

'Second Best Dressed Person In Comics' second to the mighty Dom Reardon...

Byron Virgo

"And as I told you it only counts it there's a dent in it where the bosche bullet richocetted of it..."

What's wrong with the crimson splash of honest Tommy blood?

"'Second Best Dressed Person In Comics' second to the mighty Dom Reardon..."

But he wasn't even wearing a tie...!

Quirkafleeg

>But he wasn't even wearing a tie...!

The day you turn up as Rupert the Bear then I'll think about it...

Noisybast

"'Second Best Dressed Person In Comics' second to the mighty Dom Reardon..."

That's D'Israeli, innit?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!