Main Menu

Dreddcon VI News Thread...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 01 October, 2005, 05:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

No, not really...http://www.2000adonline.com/images/page/disraeli.jpg">

Matt Timson

"...I think this is shortly before he told me that he would hunt me down and kill me if I keyed his car, but would be quite philosophical if I beat him up."

I probably get that kind of logic from my gran: she'd forgive you deliberately burning the house down, but fuck help you if you forget to wipe the bath down after use...

And I *have* got that bag- and I've never known anyone else to own the same one in the eight years that I've had it.  I think that's pretty fucking amazing, actually.

Fortunately, we don't share the same taste in shoes.

;)
Pffft...

Dom-2

Great to see everybody there.
A truly splendid weekend.
Thanks to Laurence and Simon for the pages I got from you, now I shall steal all your techniques! MwuHaHaHaaah!!!
Boo Cook is the Don Diego of Disco.

Right, I'm, off to finish a page in the new cubicle I've set up... in Pete's Toilet...

Dom-2

Byron Virgo

"Fortunately, we don't share the same taste in shoes."

You wish you had shoes like mine...

Didn't Wilkinson threaten to "batter me" for refusing to admit that 'Death on the Staircase' was a modern televisual classic?

And why were people constantly trying to get ?5 off me?

Quirkafleeg

>Didn't Wilkinson threaten to "batter me" for refusing to admit that 'Death on the Staircase' was a modern televisual classic?

I think I may have expressed mild surprise at your not seeing that it was a pretty good series.

But it was good to agree with someone (One of the Breathing Space guys?) that The Wire is just about the best thing evah.

Mangamax

"Right, I'm, off to finish a page in the new cubicle I've set up... in Pete's Toilet..."

Don't take the piss Dom!
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Byron Virgo

Don't get me started on The Wire...!

Steve Green

I just borrowed S1 of the Wire off a mate, I couldn't believe that a channel over here hasn't picked it up. At the least The Shield made it onto C5...

- Steve

longmanshort

So, now that my boss has gone on a long lunch I can relate my experience of Dreddcon ...

Definitely quieter this year, though moving the sketching upstairs so that downstairs was less crowded made a lot of sense. Sad to not see any masterclasses, but the interview with Sir McCarthy was excellent and the Pitchfest (what little I saw of it) wasas painful as ever.

Friday night was a joy - mainly because there were so many rounds of the raffle - but also because I got to chat to lots of people I haven't seen since Bristol or last Dreddcon (sheesh, has it been a year already?!?!). Great to chat to Arthur, DXB, Logan, Byron, Gary, Jock (briefly)

Highlight of the weekend was seeing Matt Smith actually wearing the halo made out of glow sticks that I made for him ... for at least five minutes, while chatting to Sprout. He even posed for a photo. If he wasn't the editor of 2000AD, he'd be a choir boy ... bless. (oh, and Dankell has the photos ...)

Saturday was nice and great to meet everyone - though sorry I didn't get the chance to say bye to everyone! We weren't sure whether we were going to stay an extra night or not, in the end we left only to realise we were all too tired and ended up having to stay at my mum and dad's lest we fall victim to FIREY MOTORWAY DEATH!!!

And excellent weekend that was a real tonic.

Cheers to all and hope to see a lot of you at Brighton!!
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Quirkafleeg

>I couldn't believe that a channel over here hasn't picked it up.

It's been on some obscure cable channel apprently

WoD

I think it's on (or has been on) the same channel that shows Carnivale...

Rob1971

It's on FX Tuesdays 10pm. Tonight, in fact, if anyone has Sky. You can get season 1 on DVD and season 2's on its way.

Rob

Steve Green

Bah! I meant proper telly :)

My mate already has S2 on Region 1 DVD, just need to borrow it off him. I think it works better that way anyway, it's not exactly the sort of thing you can afford to skip an episode.

Carnivale's another one I want to see...

Cheers

- Steve

WoD

Carnivale kept my interest for the 1st series, but knowing it ends after series 2 (it was not supposed to) put me off, so I only watched the first one of the new series.

The Sopranos on the other hand....now that's worth watching from the beginning, several times over.

Quirkafleeg

Season 2 is out in a couple of weeks...