Main Menu

Mark Millar at Glasgow's Aye Right Book Festival Tonight

Started by Frank, 15 April, 2013, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Mark Millar's appearing at Glasgow's Mitchell Library tonight (Monday 15th of April) as part of the Aye Right book festival. According to this laudatory and uncritical article in today's Daily Record, Millar relies on hearing the unvarnished opinions of the ordinary down-home folks (among whom he feels most at home) regarding his work, rather than those phoney, gladhanding Hollywood fat cats (p-too!). If you can make it along, be sure to tell him exactly what we all thought of his Robohunter stories - he hates folk who mince their words.

The festival, which runs until Saturday, is held at the Mitchell Library. For more information, call 0141 287 2999 or email ayewrite@glasgowlife.org.uk

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

I hear a bald man was found drawing magic war-sigils on the library door, and sticking pins in a curly-haired voodoo doll.  Off his tits on drugs.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Frank

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 April, 2013, 10:39:37 PM
I hear a bald man was found drawing magic war-sigils on the library door, and sticking pins in a curly-haired voodoo doll.  Off his tits on drugs.

I heard the bald man was chased off by a wee fella from the midlands with a beard like a rhododendron bush, who attacked him with a sock puppet snake.

Quote from: Proudhuff on 16 April, 2013, 10:19:40 AM
anyone one go? report back?

Surely this is the kind of thing Judo was made for.