Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 21/5/05, EPISODE 9, THE EMPTY CHILD...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 21 May, 2005, 12:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoD

I know you are right RAC, but WHAT a twist!!!!

Richmond Clements

It would indeed by fanboy GOLD, but not what's needed to pull in the 'normal' punter!

Oddboy

Pah! I spit at the 'normal' punter!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Richmond Clements

WoD

In this case Odds..there's A LOT OF EM..hope you've enough spittle to go round...

However, now that Eccles is out, maybe the switch would make sense...The Doctor having lost his TARDIS, tracking down the Master, who having been screwed over by the Daleks (who went on to destroy Gallifrey (and themselves) when they were supposed to help the Master become ruler of Gallifrey) run and hid on Earth, slightly losing his marbles, and maybe not telling us the truth about being the last TimeLord.......or maybe not.

DavidXBrunt

Course even if Billie and Chris are leaving there's still the third regular cast member who could carry on a sense oof continuity.

Artificial Idiot

Well, I'm an abnormal punter... And by god! The Doctor as the master would be GENIUS! And such a brave, bold move to boot! If they did that, I'd think they were gods amoung men!

Well, actually no I wouldn't. I'd be cursing WoD for spoiling it! :p

And Billie is carrying on into the next season, so a sense of continuity will be there in a sense... But it does make me wonder why all these actors are leaving such a popular show!

Buddy

** But it does make me wonder why all these actors are leaving such a popular show! **

They're all leaving 'cos I'm not watching!!

Artificial Idiot

"They're all leaving 'cos I'm not watching!!"

Or maybe they're just afraid you'll start watching!

Buddy

Leigh S

but you're not watching because they're leaving... time paradox!  

Assign agents Sapphire and Steel!

Adrian Bamforth

Never underestimate the lazyness of journalists who continue to refer to actors as 'former Doctor Who' decades after they had the role - give them a break! (I don't think I've seen or read a single item about the series in the last year that hasn't mentioned hiding behind sofas - did EVERYONE in the 60s and 70s have sofas that faced away from the rest of the room?). Plus I reckon as much fun as it may seem on screen it was probably a nightmare to film, constant waiting round for sets, props, all kinds of technical stuff, long days, lots of episodes, acting against things waiting to be added later. Then there's all the criticism and being asked the same questions in interviews. And I haven't even mentioned the scripts not being very good. Personally I don't think Chris really looked like he was loving the role. So I don't blame him myself.

ADE

Link: http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/indepth/colinbakercolumn/" target="_blank">Give the man a break...

Wake

did EVERYONE in the 60s and 70s have sofas that faced away from the rest of the room?).

The living room in the house was in during my years at primary school was quite long (it ran alongside the dining room and the kitchen) and had the telly at on end and the sofa about half way back. I can't remember what was in the half of the room behind the sofa but I think there was a piano, a bureau bookcase and maybe a rocking horse or something. I think I may have actually hidden behind the sofa during some Dr. Who episodes.

Finn can't get behind the sofa here in Oxford but did watch some Scooby Doo from there (peering round the end) while we were on holiday in South Africa this Easter.

Wake

The Monarch

I don't think the doctor is the master however i think this new character captain jack is the master

ARRISARRIS