Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 15/04/06,7.15pm, TOOTH & CLAW...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 22 April, 2006, 01:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Surprisingly, the thing that least impressed me was the werewolf itself. I mean, it was very well realised, and full credit to the special efects bods, but part of me did wish it had been a bloke running around in a big hairy suit :)

I felt the same... CGI just doesn't look real - no matter how well it's done - when it's mixed with real sets/actors. Rubber suits with hair sewn on might look a bit rubbery, but it'll look real in a "it's actually there" way.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Carlsborg Expert

Sarah Jane and K9 just on blue Peter.

Talk of priority jealousy between her and Rose and K9 sounding a bit of a twit as per. Still I look forward to Saturday . I was a kid when K9 was on and I loved the mangy mutt. I wonder how I will feel now?

DavidXBrunt

And how will you feel about the fact that Bob Baker has finally managed to sell his long touted Adventures of K-9 series? Co-produced by Jetix and Disney there's 26 half hours of animation in the pipeline starring the little bugger.

Carlsborg Expert

26 half hours of animation in the pipeline starring the little bugger.

Oh Joy! I remember when that were justeh yrumour.

AND how do you feel about the free Dr Who dvd's going out in the Sun everyday either this week or next?( Last night was such a long time ago.)

I think its starts today with Eccleston, then Troughty and the rest, the rest of the week.

DavidXBrunt

Well it's made me buy The Sun so I don't feel great. I'm close to reaching the Worthless Who Tat event horizon.

The new K-9 cartoon will cost ?3 million apparantly and will blend live action and C.G.I. Here's what K-9 mark IV will look like.http://www.gallifreyone.com/images/newsgraphics/k9.jpg">

Adrian Bamforth

Gotta feel for poor old Sylvester McCoy - roped in to do the voice-over for the Sun ad, heralding the free "classic" Doctor Who episodes - none of which feature him.

(Despite the fact he was actually very good).

ADE

The Amstor Computer

Despite the fact he was actually very good

...and suddenly it all makes sense ;-)

(Only joking, Ade - I've actually got a bit of a soft spot for McCoy. Mainly because of Ace, but he was still my first Doctor and that earns him some appreciation & affection.)

Eric Plumrose

Are these DvDs The Sun's giving away showing those complete stories in their entirety? I mean, 'Rose' is only 45 minutes, 'The Faceless Ones' is missing episodes 2, 4-6, I'm not even sure what story that Hartnell disc comes from, so that leaves, 'Spearhead From Space', 'Robots of Death', and 'Earthshock' all being four episodes each.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

The Amstor Computer

They can't be the full Restoration Team DVDs, can they? I'd be very surprised if they were giving away those - complete with extras - on the front of a newspaper...

Keef Monkey

I loved Sylvester Mcoy too, think he was my first Dr, those stories were scary as hell. Although I do remember the blonde guy, was he before or after Sylvester?
I remember a good episode with zombies at an army base, scared me shitless.

The Amstor Computer

"The blonde guy" would probably have been Colin Baker, the Doctor immediately before McCoy. I'm guessing the story you're talking about is The Curse of Fenric - not the best McCoy, but it scared me at the time (and it has Ace in sexy 40s clobber ;-) )

There's a great Harry Hill skit about the Doctors - a song that goes something like, "Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee.. Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee... Baker, Baker, McCoy... Baker, Baker, McCoy..." *cue thrash sample* "DAVISON! DAVISON!" Mind you, probably works better when he performs it... :-)

Keef Monkey

Still made me laugh in text form though!
Yeah, looks like Baker must have been my first then. Gonna have to get a Dr Who dvd collection on the go so I can relive the fear!

Quirkafleeg

I'm fairly certain I saw 'Episode One' on the The Robots of Death dvd in the ad...

SamuelAWilkinson

Verily, I order myself some Genesis of the Daleks, which should either a) arrive with me the very day I smirkingly hand in my dissertation or b) be sitting happily on the mat when I get back from my hitch-hiking fest to Dublin at the weekend.

Joy.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

The Amstor Computer

...and a new tie-in site:

Link: http://www.visittorchwood.co.uk/index.htm" target="_blank">Visit Torchwood House...