Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, 12/04/08, 6.45pm, The Fires of Pompeii...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 12 April, 2008, 10:16:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

I actually really liked the Pompei one, for what it's worth. Some good quality writing, some nice funny moments and some nice creepy moments, it gets a bit silly once the monsters are revealed but not too much, and the Doctors angsting about meddling with time doesnâ??t get to prolonged or weepy or get in the way of things, and in fact seems kind of appropriate and adds interest to the story.

Ood one tonight, I hear itâ??s bollocks.

Lobo Baggins

I looked this one up and found that the first Docter was there in a episode called 'Slave-Traders'. So, I'll be looking to see this one also. Cannot find any of it on You-Tube, yet.

It's generally referred to as 'The Romans', although as it's a Hartnell you can call it pretty much anything you want and people will disagree or agree with your choice.

It's official designation is Serial M, although it tends to get referred to in the American (or Wrong) Way as Season 2, Story M.

It's a bit uneven, the first attempt at a comedy story, hampered somewhat by William Russell and Jacqueline Hill's lack of comedic ability...
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.