Main Menu

JD pic...only took 10 years!

Started by tmr, 11 November, 2009, 12:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmr

yes, 10 years to find a bit of software that i could use on a mac to create old JD.
it's still a work in progress, i'm not happy with some bits and lighting is a bit all over the place but any crits are most welcome.

thanks

Mike Gloady

The chin is ACE, as is all the actual skin (although a bit more chicken-neckage might be in order to tie in with the rendering of the face).

The helmet is a pretty retro-feel to it, of which I'm not a fan (preferring the later versions).  It seems to be a pretty tight fit, tucking in at the back which isn't something I've seen much.  The shield doesn't seem to be able to hold the respirator behind it, but then that WAS the old-school look.  Pretty good I have to say.  The dull sheen on the helmet is particularly nicely done.

Good stuff, will you be tweaking and adjusting it to any major degree?
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

QuoteThe helmet is a pretty retro-feel to it

Au contraire, it's an Irving, isn't it?

Woolly

Thats a really good skin texture.
What software you using for that?

Mike Gloady

It IS rather Irving.  But then he's always (to me at least) been rather influenced by the early helmet designs rather than having a version ALL his own.

That's my way of saying "we're both right and if you persist in saying I'm wrong I shall cry"
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

tmr

this update has not been re-touched, i'm playing with the visor, yeah the neck is not correct, i'll change that when the body is added...

software used is zbrush...6.5m polys...eek!

thanks for your comments...