Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Mek-Quake's lines are just hurrrr! -groan- brilliant there. 

hippynumber1

Fatboydale

Strontium Dog page is rather nice ..

ming

Thanks, folks - that SD page has passed through a few collections over the years (including Rufus, about 20 years ago!) but it's found a final resting place now (unless I find a better Ezquerra SD page, which is unlikely).

:)

I'm going to start adding some close-up images for some of my artwork on CAF - starting with this one; Belardinelli's skill with a brush is absolutely incredible...

hippynumber1

I agree; I have a 'minor' page of Belardinelli's from 'Mr Macabre' (I haven't posted it on here yet) and the line work is just beautiful...

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 12 March, 2012, 07:32:18 PM
I'm going to start adding some close-up images for some of my artwork on CAF

Any close up stuff for your Cursed Earth page on its way?

blackmocco

Nemesis was just a different strip once Talbot took over, wasn't it...? Not complaining when I say that. It's like when Dio joined Black Sabbath. Same but different. Keeps it fresh...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

ming

Quote from: Judge Jack on 12 March, 2012, 09:56:44 PM
Quote from: ming on 12 March, 2012, 07:32:18 PM
I'm going to start adding some close-up images for some of my artwork on CAF

Any close up stuff for your Cursed Earth page on its way?

Added a few, just for you...  :)

ming

Having finally finished listening to the epic Pat Mills ECBT2K podcast, with the comments about Belardinelli not being the right artist for Black Hawk... Who could have done it better?  Black Hawk himself was always the least interesting character in that (Beelzebub was my favourite) and although Massimo drew fairly 'weak' human characters as times, I think no other artist could have done such a wonderful job with the various alien characters and otherworldly situations.

Just look at that Batak image above and tell me I'm wrong (or, preferably, right).

Spikes

Final score - Mills 0 Ming 1.

Received these the other day from J3DI, and really happy with them too. Got some better scans for these over on CAF.
Just loved the Dead Man story, so im glad to finally have a page for the episode that appeared in Prog 661.
For those that have read it, youll know whats special about Prog 661.
...and a bit of old school goodness from Barry Mitchell.

Should have some more art to post on CAF in the next week or so.

hippynumber1

My latest purchase, courtesy of fatboydale (cheers Dale, you rule!)

maryanddavid

That is REALLY lovely.  He is really and underated artist, put on  mismatched stories, Stront, and not very good ones, Bradley. Revere is one of my favourite contained stories, a GN wouldnt go astray.  Any more pages Dale?

David

Colin YNWA

Yeah just love Revere and Simon Harrison' art on it. Never quite understood why he got such a hard time by 2000ad fans. That's a lovely piece of art there.

hippynumber1

Revere was collected in its entirety in Extreme Edition #20, David - it's well worth hunting down a copy of that...
I'd guess he was given such a hard time when he was put on Stront; such a VERY different to approach to Ezquerra who had made the character his own, it was inevitable really. Revere is one of my all time favourite strips, massively under-rated by many imo...

Fatboydale

Quote from: maryanddavid on 17 March, 2012, 11:07:00 PM
That is REALLY lovely.  He is really and underated artist, put on  mismatched stories, Stront, and not very good ones, Bradley. Revere is one of my favourite contained stories, a GN wouldnt go astray.  Any more pages Dale?

David

yes , i have a few hidden away ...