Main Menu

Meg 345

Started by Spaceghost, 15 February, 2014, 01:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

I've mumped my gums here before about Anderson and worried about Mr Grant's output, but this really is a return to form for both of them,
The artwork really respects the story and carries the dark heart of it to a darker place.

the end of ordinary was nice and tidy, but sad and very final. Soo much fun to be had with this and the extra space around the boxes means it will trim nicely into TPB size!!

Demarco  Mr Caroll did a great job but I can't help but think Mr Yeowell is phoning these stories in these days, (unless he's not well and I've made a twat o' myself again)

The Dredd story is well scripted and scribed too, the text things work well, I bought The Royals comic but can't empathises with those blue bluds as heros ggggrrrr!

Dreddlines: no Buttman!! heeheee

DDT did a job on me

Frank

Quote from: Proudhuff on 03 March, 2014, 07:45:12 PM
the end of ordinary was nice and tidy, but sad and very final. Soo much fun to be had with this and the extra space around the boxes means it will trim nicely into TPB size!!

I thought that was more likely intended for the story's release in the US market - hopefully the UK tpb will include the extra space. I thought Brooker handled that really well, with big visuals extending out into the gutters in a way which looked like a deliberate aesthetic decision, rather than a formatting compromise.

Proudhuff

The splash pages all looked like they could be 'trimmed' hence my reasoning, but US or UK I'll be buying the TPB!!
DDT did a job on me

ChickenStu

When's the next meg out?
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Proudhuff

Quote from: ChickenStu on 04 March, 2014, 03:59:41 PM
When's the next meg out?

sure you don't mean prog?   ;)
DDT did a job on me

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Proudhuff

if I remember right the date on the front of the meg is its last day of sale...

This could be misremembered tosh  :-[
DDT did a job on me

8-Ball

Quote from: Judge Brian on 21 February, 2014, 02:50:23 PM
Maybe Anderson will discover an entity that causes Psi's to take their life.

Just read Meg 346. [spoiler]Looks like you may have been on the money.[/spoiler]
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Mabs

Quote from: Eightball on 19 March, 2014, 01:08:55 PM

Just read Meg 346. [spoiler]Looks like you may have been on the money.[/spoiler]

Slightly disappointed by that revelation [spoiler](by Anderson).[/spoiler] It somehow lessens the melancholy nature of the preceding incidents, such as Anderson's reflection atop Cypress Hill etc.[spoiler] To think all this time someone else was trying to control her feelings! [/spoiler] :-\
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

8-Ball

Quote from: Mabs on 19 March, 2014, 05:36:16 PM
Quote from: Eightball on 19 March, 2014, 01:08:55 PM

Slightly disappointed by that revelation [spoiler](by Anderson).[/spoiler] It somehow lessens the melancholy nature of the preceding incidents, such as Anderson's reflection atop Cypress Hill etc.[spoiler] To think all this time someone else was trying to control her feelings! [/spoiler] :-\

I share your pain. I'm an optimist at heart and it is my hope is that this revelation will lead to renewed vigour in our dear Cass. Alan Grant can only repeat Anderson's whole "I'm crap. We're crap. The whole world is crap." mantra so many times. If anything the Day of Chaos proved that the old order is gone and Anderson has the power within herself to help remake the world anew. It is time to move the story on.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.