Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 21 December, 2016, 05:23:08 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 19 December, 2016, 09:14:36 PM
Ha! See you Cosh, I am MAN, I am STRONG I resist your tempting Image sale and I resis... uhhh whats this Boom! sale... DAMNIT, DAMNIT ALL TO HELL!
By Sleipnir's shitey hooves! Now they're having a Marvel one and I bought all those Walt Simonson Thor collections that I keep talking about every time I review an issue of Ragnarok...

I've never read all of Simonson's run and it would seem that I could get the lot for £20... but I am strong... aren't I...

I, Cosh

We never really die.

IndigoPrime

All set to buy things until I realised: no downloads. Nuts to that, then. I'll spend my quids somewhere else, Marvel.

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 December, 2016, 09:34:29 PM
All set to buy things until I realised: no downloads. Nuts to that, then. I'll spend my quids somewhere else, Marvel.
Sometimes this bothers me but I make exceptions for cheap stuff.

We never really die.

IndigoPrime

Last time I used the Comixology app, I got motion sickness from the transitions. Unless it's changed, I wouldn't be able to read my purchases. (The reason I use Chunky is because you can completely turn off page transitions. I keep making this request to other comic app makers, but they don't seem to give a crap, on the whole.)

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 December, 2016, 07:55:05 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 21 December, 2016, 05:23:08 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 19 December, 2016, 09:14:36 PM
Ha! See you Cosh, I am MAN, I am STRONG I resist your tempting Image sale and I resis... uhhh whats this Boom! sale... DAMNIT, DAMNIT ALL TO HELL!
By Sleipnir's shitey hooves! Now they're having a Marvel one and I bought all those Walt Simonson Thor collections that I keep talking about every time I review an issue of Ragnarok...

I've never read all of Simonson's run and it would seem that I could get the lot for £20... but I am strong... aren't I...

Great minds think alike.
I've never read a chunk of Simonson's Thor run, and this was the perfect opportunity to pick up the lot at a great price.

Greg M.

Quote from: Link Prime on 28 December, 2016, 05:32:16 PM
I've never read a chunk of Simonson's Thor run, and this was the perfect opportunity to pick up the lot at a great price.

You're in for a real treat, it is unfeasibly brilliant: one of the best sustained runs ins Marvel history, in fact. Particular highlights include the Frog Thor issues and the rightly-lauded 'He Stood Alone at Gjallerbru' bit. Plus at one point, Judge Dredd turns up (sort of.)

Hawkmumbler

The Adventurer

Blame! is great too. Dark sci-fi, like Berserk or Dark Souls, if they were sci-fi.

Slaine with a gun.

Basicly, grab that free Noise GN they're giving away. It stands alone and gives you a taste of Blame!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 December, 2016, 10:41:24 AM
Last time I used the Comixology app, I got motion sickness from the transitions. Unless it's changed, I wouldn't be able to read my purchases. (The reason I use Chunky is because you can completely turn off page transitions. I keep making this request to other comic app makers, but they don't seem to give a crap, on the whole.)
Just had a look at this. The Comixology app has an option to adjust the speed or completely turn off transition animations. If you drag your finger to move the page you'll still get a bit of page-turning effect but tapping makes it snap to the following page without any other effect.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

Huh. I'll have to take another look, then, if only to bask in another comics app actually possibly understanding that hurling pages across the screen is a very bad thing for potentially millions of people. (Even so, I'm still not a fan of buying content that sits within an app I can't extract anything from. But in big sales for once-only reads, that might be all right.)

EDIT: Well, how pleasing. They've basically added precisely the thing I nagged them about several times, before giving up when it didn't appear over the space of a couple of years. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Rately

The collection of the first part of Tom King's Vision series is £2.99 on Comixology.

Heard great things and can't wait to have a read.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Rately on 29 December, 2016, 08:38:05 PM
The collection of the first part of Tom King's Vision series is £2.99 on Comixology.

Heard great things and can't wait to have a read.

Yeah I've heard copious amounts of praise about this, from all sorts of places. I'm going to hold out for a sale that includes the second volume (may be a while as I think its just out) but this is defo on the list.

Oh and that hope of holding out and not buying the Walt Simonson 's Thor run... well that didn't last, yet more for the reading list!

jabish

Popped into forbidden planet in London today and picked up these beauties that were on sale that might be of 2000ad interest:

Alan Moore DC Universe Hardcover £9.99
Jonny Nemo hardcover £4.50
Complete Accident Man Hardcover £4.99

Steal! And there's tons left of those and others. Great sale.