Main Menu

Deleting of accounts/profiles:

Started by Peter Wolf, 12 July, 2011, 03:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

This doesnt seem to be an active feature despite it being explained in the help section regarding profiles.I have gone all through the help section and on my account settings and forum profile so i am not clear what is going on here.

It does mention that Admin can disable or remove the feature so am i supposed to request that my profile/account is deleted or do i just let it continue to exist as an active account even if its not wanted ?

Not sure what to do next........

Any help is appreciated.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Emperor

We don't let users delete their own accounts and, while we can do it, it has been decided that we won't be deleting accounts. The best we can offer is deactivating your account, which pretty much has the same effect (as we aren't going to delete posts) but it is reversible.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Peter Wolf

:(

The account going into cryo sleep will have to suffice then in that case so hopefully i can find where to do this or do you have to do this yourselves ?

Emperor

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 12 July, 2011, 04:37:46 PM

The account going into cryo sleep will have to suffice then in that case so hopefully i can find where to do this or do you have to do this yourselves ?

I can do it right now if you want.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Banners

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Emperor on 12 July, 2011, 04:41:51 PM

That would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Quote from: Banners on 12 July, 2011, 04:45:55 PM
Peter - don't go!

Thats very kind but enough is enough .

Emperor

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 12 July, 2011, 04:50:56 PM

Quote from: Emperor on 12 July, 2011, 04:41:51 PM

That would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

No worries.

It should now be done. There will be an email address around somewhere that you can use to contact an admin or mod here when you want to reactivate your account.

Happy trails.

Dandontdare

Damn shame. You may come out with some bollix occasionally, but I've always enjoyed reading it. maybe see you back sometime?

Van Dom

Bad times.
So long Peter.
I dont get involved in any of the political/religious/truthy things around here so never really came across any of the 'issues' that led to this. Always hate to see someone go though, especially a long-timer.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Like, Van Dom, I try and avoid political and truth threads here, so I'm unaware of what led up to this. All the best, Peter.

Zarjazzer

Banners is right man you shouldn't do it! Not over something as dull as politics.

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

SmallBlueThing

Christ, NO! This is very bad. Hopefully, Mr Wolf will return. I've met him, in the pelt so to speak, and there is nothing about Peter that makes me want him to leave this forum. Or for anyone to leave, come to that. Peter is as normal and as weird as everyone else I've met from here, no more no less.

Enjoy your time in the wilderness Mr Wolf, and come back with a full belly, blood on your chops and a bushy tail!

SBT

TordelBack

Hope I'm not to late to shove me ever-unwanted oar in here, but please reconsider packing it in permanently Peter - we mightn't see eye to eye on much, but I'd miss your contributions greatly.  By all means take a nice break, we've all done it at one time or another, and it does make a difference - but don't throw in the towel completely, or I'll have to come over to your blog and hound you there.. 

GordonR

I'll point out that this is at least the third time Peter's left the board 'forever'.

TordelBack

...And hopefully not the last.  That's what you meant to say, isn't it Mr. R?   ;)