Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Flint, that is just beautiful. You are a lucky man indeed.

flintlockjaw

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 23 February, 2012, 11:16:44 PM
Flint, that is just beautiful. You are a lucky man indeed.

I know. extremely lucky. I'd rather have my buddy back though. A shame. but, fuck it! It's an Ian Gibson original!

Woohoo!

blackmocco

That's a beauty, Flint. Absolutely fantastic. Loved Gibson's work through this phase of Robo-Hunter. He'd really refined it by then. Dunno if anyone drew hotter girls in 2000ad...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

exilewood

...Jesus Redondo maybe?

I'm still trying to get my head round the awesomeness of those O'neill pages - you're one lucky cat.

I went to a guy's house a while back - he was auditioning to play bass in our band, which didn't happen, but he did have a page of Fabry Slaine on his wall. He nearly got in just on the basis of that alone.

Dr Feeley Good

blackmocco

Quote from: exilewood on 24 February, 2012, 10:04:43 AM
...Jesus Redondo maybe?

I'm still trying to get my head round the awesomeness of those O'neill pages - you're one lucky cat.

I went to a guy's house a while back - he was auditioning to play bass in our band, which didn't happen, but he did have a page of Fabry Slaine on his wall. He nearly got in just on the basis of that alone.

Yeah, Redondo drew some hot girls as well, that's true. Very underrated artist, I always thought. Don't know if his style was a bit too classic for 2000ad but I always really enjoyed his take on Nemesis. And he made Purity hot too...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

James Stacey

David Roach produced some fine lady art.

Emperor

Quote from: Marbles on 17 February, 2012, 09:34:47 AM
Just received this Defoe commission from Leigh Gallagher - A4 sheet. Very pleased with it. If you are not aware he's got an offer on commissions going on his blog site :-

http://leighgallagherart.blogspot.com/

And a reminder that he is selling off batches of original art including an unused Defoe trade cover, prog 1709 cover, Seraph designs and the cover for Zarjaz #10:

http://leighgallagherart.blogspot.com/2012/01/original-art-for-sale1-batch-1.html

Oh and for posterity, the commissions link is:

http://leighgallagherart.blogspot.com/2012/02/commission-list-now-open.html

The first round is here with Marble's damn fine Defoe and a worryingly good gallery of Batvillains (no stealing him America!!!):

http://leighgallagherart.blogspot.com/2012/02/recent-commissions.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

ming

Quote from: blackmocco on 24 February, 2012, 02:17:15 PMYeah, Redondo drew some hot girls as well, that's true. Very underrated artist, I always thought. Don't know if his style was a bit too classic for 2000ad but I always really enjoyed his take on Nemesis. And he made Purity hot too...

I've probably said it before, but I didn't appreciate Redondo's art much as a kid (the usual situation of being in awe of some of his contemporaries, rather than not actually liking his work).  I can't praise his work highly enough these days... a fabulous, underrated artist.  I'm lucky enough to have a couple of original pages (one Future Shock, one Return to Armageddon) and although they're not 'high end' pieces, I love 'em to bits.

Is there any word on a reprint for Return to Armageddon?

Colin YNWA

Yeah I'm a big fan of Redondo, very under rated artist. As for 'Return to Armageddon' aside from some reprints that surely has to be the most asked for reprint volume. Its slowly heading towards the top of my re-read list, all the talk about it is really making me look forward too it.

hippynumber1

This works really well as a stand alone page imo...

Dr Feeley Good

Quote from: SteveMillar on 21 February, 2012, 08:52:57 PM
The next page i am selling is up on ebay tomorrow,another full colour Henry flint page ! ...this one is the opening splash/title page from part 4 of " Dance of the spider queen" item number... 200709716587
The Henry Flint page I have up on EBay finishes tomorrow ! If anyone is interested.... No bids yet !

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

hippynumber1

I love this page (courtesy of J3D1 on this forum - thanks buddy!)

ming

A couple more of my favourites...

(I posted the Nemesis one before but the image seems to have vanished; this is a better quality scan, anyway)