Main Menu

Stories that should be collected

Started by broodblik, 10 August, 2018, 05:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

Quote from: Frank on 27 August, 2018, 06:11:21 PM
... so presumably, it hasn't been reprinted because Mark Millar and/or Grant Morrison and/or Steve Parkhouse don't want it to be reprinted.

Most likely no Publisher has thought that there's much of a market for it.

To put it in perspective, it wasn't like at the height of Grant's popularity ("Arkham" 1989 - "Superman" 2008) DC went shopping for Zenith. It took Rebellion to break the legal embargo in 2013

CalHab

Quote from: rs_jr on 30 October, 2018, 07:56:51 AM
whats the chances of getting a complete finn?

Does Pat Mills own Finn? Given that the character first appeared in Crisis?

Frank

Quote from: CalHab on 30 October, 2018, 02:52:12 PM
Quote from: rs_jr on 30 October, 2018, 07:56:51 AM
whats the chances of getting a complete finn?

Does Pat Mills own Finn? Given that the character first appeared in Crisis?

Crisis strips weren't creator-owned*

Mills says Tharg told him other reprints had priority over Finn. Mills mentioned this with reference to the news that Tharg had just bought the rights to reprint a century's worth of comics.

* GARTH ENNIS: 'A deal had been worked out whereby the rights to Troubled Souls, which was the very first thing I ever did for comics and did for Crisis, were available. Rebellion bought them from Fleetway and agreed to return them to me in return for a twelve-episode Dredd strip. And that was essentially it.

Obviously, I have no desire for Troubled Souls ever to see print again. But buried within Troubled Souls are the first appearances of Dougie and Ivor, who would go on to become the Dicks. They're my all-time favourites characters of any that I've written, whether my own or somebody else's. To get a chance to write them again, to get them back into print, to get Johnny McCrea and I back to doing what amounts to our favourite work was too good an opportunity to ignore'.

http://viciousimagery.blogspot.com/2007/02/28-days-of-2000-ad-181-garth-ennis-pt.html

Magnetica

Hasn't Finn already had a complete re-print, albeit it in a series of floppies rather than as a TPB?

CalHab

Quote from: Frank on 30 October, 2018, 07:13:42 PM

Huh. I thought they were. I assume Morrison and Yeowell own The New Adventures of Adolf Hitler, given that it appeared elsewhere first and caused a hue and cry?

davidbishop

Quote from: CalHab on 30 October, 2018, 07:32:03 PM

Huh. I thought they were. I assume Morrison and Yeowell own The New Adventures of Adolf Hitler, given that it appeared elsewhere first and caused a hue and cry?

You're Kane-ing with that final comment.

Richard

Only the first two series of Finn were reprinted, although they are the best two. The subsequent stories have never been reprinted, but I don't mind.

Finn first appeared in Third World War (book 1), by Mills and Ezquerra. Now that deserves reprinting.

Frank

Quote from: davidbishop on 30 October, 2018, 08:55:16 PM
Quote from: CalHab on 30 October, 2018, 07:32:03 PM

You're Kane-ing with that final comment.

I've formed a club for everyone who fully understands why that's funny and clever. Struggling with the adjectival component of the name - Fantastic and Fab are already taken.

Fungus

It was funny and clever and then you explained it ...  :crazy:

Frank

Quote from: Fungus on 30 October, 2018, 09:29:44 PM

Nah, that's not the clever part.

Fungus

Quote from: Frank on 30 October, 2018, 09:33:05 PM
Quote from: Fungus on 30 October, 2018, 09:29:44 PM

Nah, that's not the clever part.

Thing is, I have that issue of Cut and remember it well. Suppose I liked the obliqueness of the pun so much I hoped it would remain unexplained. Ach.

Frank

Quote from: Richard on 30 October, 2018, 09:12:01 PM
Now [url-http://that]that[/url] deserves reprinting.

You're messing with my mind.

Richard