Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Paul in my office let it slip that he was in a band and recently played the Wickerman festival - stuff's pretty good : Suspire

Frank

Buttonman

Naw he's the beardy singer in the red.

Noisybast

Well, that's my soundtrack sorted for tomorrow's ride to work. The new Black Spiders album, "This Savage Land" just went live over on PledgeMusic. I've been looking forward to this one...

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/blackspiders
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Frank

This has the raw, stomping attack of Skrewdriver, but I'm almost certain they're nice, clean boys who wouldn't dream of promoting ideas of racial superiority. I don't know for certain, because you can't hear a word for the horrendous, clattering racket in the background. Fuzzy wuzzy was a woman ... bone for tuna ... cabbages, knickers, it's got no beak ... nope, it's all just noise to me.
SLAVES

Simon Beigh

The new Franz Ferdinand album Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action. Luckily, Mrs B spotted a review in the Sunday papers because I don't really keep up that well with modern music. But I like their stuff a lot, so I bought the deluxe version off Amazon. And it's fab! Short - but sweet. Lots of great hooks, bonkers lyrics and driving rhythms. Highly recommended

Oh - and the live album is good too - especially the "I Feel Love" cover!

Hawkmumbler

In case people haven't noticed yet, I'm listening to rather a lot of Round the Horne. It's hilarious.

Spikes

"We have a criminal practice that takes up a lot of our time".

J and S.

Frank

The Enigmatic Dr X

Really enjoying Save Rock N Roll by Fall Out Boy. First album I've bought and listened to in years.

EDIT: The title track has Elton John on it: my missus says, correctly, that he sounds like he is impersonating himself.
Lock up your spoons!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Judge Jack on 01 September, 2013, 07:18:12 PM

J and S.
The Polari terminology present here is often side splittingly funny and actualy quite interesting to read into. In one episode I heard involved Julian "Reaching around at the old lavetry". Apparently during the 60's public toilets where populare all incluse places for yound homosexuals to meet up and "Do the busines". The higher up's at the beeb must have over looked this!

Mardroid

I recently came across the sound track to Jackie Brown in a charity shop. I've always rather liked the songs in that film and under a couple of quid.. bargain.

Just transferred the tracks to my phone.

I don't listen to music all that much but I like a variety of types. My phone has a mixture of Rock (and different kinds of Rock) Soul, Irish pop (The Corrs in this case)  and Acid Jazz.  Even a little bit of hip-hop. I've got it playing on shuffle right now.

Spikes

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 01 September, 2013, 07:56:40 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 01 September, 2013, 07:18:12 PM

J and S.
The Polari terminology present here is often side splittingly funny and actualy quite interesting to read into. In one episode I heard involved Julian "Reaching around at the old lavetry". Apparently during the 60's public toilets where populare all incluse places for yound homosexuals to meet up and "Do the busines". The higher up's at the beeb must have over looked this!

We bought my Dad the tape releases of Round the Horne, that came out in the mid 90's.
Incredibily funny stuff, and was a fave listen.

Im tempted to say more innocent times, but they never were, was they  ;)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Mardroid on 01 September, 2013, 08:23:15 PM
I recently came across the sound track to Jackie Brown in a charity shop. I've always rather liked the songs in that film and under a couple of quid.. bargain.

Hasn't that got a version of Johnny Cash's Tennessee Mule on it, bloody great song and the Delfonics - great band.

Edit Tennessee Stud - Muppet Taylor!

Frank

I'm just using this thread as a way of reminding me what I should get round to downloading later on:

SLEIGH BELLS

LORDE

RADKEY

DEAP VALLY