Main Menu

Bit annoying!

Started by Judge Fudge, 23 September, 2012, 09:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Fudge

Haven't read the rules as yet but a bit annoying that us newbies to the forum can't seem to post or reply on the more interesting and current topics, and by that I mean the movie, or am I missing something here. I take it I need to make at least x amount of posts before I get let out of the sandpit? Guess it's the price for coming late to the party.

Pete Wells

Welcome Judge Fudge! Unfortunately the site has been targeted by spammers in the past as well as one detestable individual in particular who would continuously sign up to the board under different names and upset many, many people.

You have those two stains on humanity to thank!

TordelBack

Pete sums up the reasoning nicely.  It's not about numbers of posts, it's just a slight delay while it's determined that you're not a mutie, droid or inter-dimensional super-fiend. 

Imagine the forum is a swimming pool.  It's in all the bathers' interests that known or suspected widdlers are kept in the kiddie pool.  Once it's clear that you're not one of those, and unlikely to indulge in heavy petting, you can move into the main pool.  But be aware: it's all the deep end.

Be patient.  We have top people working on it.  Top people.

Cursed Earth Dweller

Hey, anything to keep this forum spam-free I geuss. I can't even leave posts in the film discussion yet but I'm not complaining. Rules are rules I geuss and I'm glad that at least some places bother to take measures against these trolls.

Judge Delboy

I wondered why this was the case, thought it was just me! I can't even access my own profile etc?!?  :o

Judge Fudge

Thanks for clearing that up gents. Having seen some of the posters on IMDB I can completely understand. Cheers!

Trout

Judge Fudge

I take it you're referring to clr03f. He seems to be the main detractor. Can't understand what this guys/girls motives or problems are. Dredd fan or not a film like this deserves support as its stuck to its guns in a world of compromise and insipid multiplex film making.

Trout

Quote from: Judge Fudge on 24 September, 2012, 03:06:53 AM
I take it you're referring to clr03f. He seems to be the main detractor. Can't understand what this guys/girls motives or problems are. Dredd fan or not a film like this deserves support as its stuck to its guns in a world of compromise and insipid multiplex film making.

I've not looked at those boards so I've no idea who's who, but I'm willing to bet the worst of it is led by a mentally-ill person named Scott who was banned from this site more than a decade ago.

Now he has to content himself with replying to his own mouth-foaming claptrap elsewhere. He kills message boards, so we have to have entry requirements for this one. Sorry, Fudge!

Samson_k

Quote from: Trout on 24 September, 2012, 10:55:31 AM

I've not looked at those boards so I've no idea who's who, but I'm willing to bet the worst of it is led by a mentally-ill person named Scott who was banned from this site more than a decade ago.

Now he has to content himself with replying to his own mouth-foaming claptrap elsewhere. He kills message boards, so we have to have entry requirements for this one. Sorry, Fudge!

The CLF guy is just a common or garden troll but Scott has been actively posting the same six posts on IMDB for as long as I was there and that was only since June and over that period he has been banned from IMDB about nine times.

I don't have much experience of on-line fandom but he does seem completely dedicated to alienating himself from everything that he purports to love.

Trout

Quote from: Samson_k on 24 September, 2012, 11:05:50 AM
Quote from: Trout on 24 September, 2012, 10:55:31 AM

The CLF guy is just a common or garden troll but Scott has been actively posting the same six posts on IMDB for as long as I was there and that was only since June and over that period he has been banned from IMDB about nine times.

I don't have much experience of on-line fandom but he does seem completely dedicated to alienating himself from everything that he purports to love.

Yeah.

But I feel bad now that I may have started another one of those threads where people talk about him. I will change the subject.

HELLO, JUDGE FUDGE! Good name.

AlpineNewt

I think I've come across this Scott guy elsewhere, he was having conversations with himself using different accounts on the same forum (Empire I think) about the film until someone called him out on it. As a bit of a lurker on several Dredd film forums I've seen him crop up all over the place using the same tired old arguments.

Judge Fudge

Ah well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and mines is they're a bunch of fuds who are clearly bored of their dicks.

Cursed Earth Dweller

Wow, seems there are more people who detest the IMDB discussion forum(or at least the spammers that plague it) then I thought. Anyone else feel the same way about the Youtube comments section? That brings out the worst in me!

Judge Fudge

Haven't read many of the comment sections on YT for a while. There are a couple of legends on there though, Eldospinks and Silverthumring. They must have gone through a couple of keyboards between them with the hours they've put in.