Main Menu

Octocon 2006

Started by Mike Carroll, 26 September, 2006, 12:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

So, who[backslash]'s coming along to Octocon, then?

For those not in the know, Octocon is the national Irish Science Fiction Convention (see the link below).

There[backslash]'s a pretty strong comics theme this time around: this year[backslash]'s Guest of Honour is none other than comics artist extraordinaire J.G. Jones. Other guests include Harry Harrison (who should need no introduction), Robert Curley (creator of the Eagle-award-nominated Freakshow), Bob Byrne (Shiznit and Mbleh!), Adam Law & Darryl Walker (webcomic Press Start to Play), and some guy called Richmond Clements (FutureQuake, MangaQuake, Dogbreath, Wild West Wendy).

Plus there[backslash]'ll be film-maker John Vaughan, and writers James P. Hogan and David Murphy.

And, last but not most, me. I[backslash]'ll be there pushing my new book Sakkara (see my Octocon 2006

Richmond Clements

Oh I'll be there!

Well... I kinda have to go now...

pauljholden

JG Jones, bloody hell. That's a good guest. I might go to that.

- pj

Mike Carroll

Oooh, that's weird! Where did all the back-slashes come from? I certainly didn't type them in! And what happened to the end of the last paragraph? It should read:

Of course, anyone who's attended an Octocon before will know that the programme and guests are pretty much secondary to the famous "gathering in the bar for hours on end"

-- Mike the typographer

Richmond Clements

Tsk..!
Honestly, you writers!

PJ: Go! Go!

Queen Firey-Bou

I'm looking forwards to this one, get to meet some new faces & put faces to names and stuff like that.

so whats the event again?
who are you people ?
where am i ?

Richmond Clements

It's Octocon- the Irish National Sci-fi Convention.

We are the Hive Mind.

You are in some twilight world, creating wonderful animations.

Emperor

And the most importantly:

Never give Richmond Clements alcohol after midnight
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Richmond Clements