Main Menu

"Second coming"

Started by markibbo, 27 October, 2012, 08:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markibbo

I was a mere 13 year old when i spent 8p on prog 1 of 2000ad......i was hooked and kept reading for years and amassed a sizeable collection.....then something terrible happened.....did i lose faith in 2000ad???? did 2000ad  lose faith in me,did i encounter those strange creatures "women"???? all i know is i remember having a sizeable collection which alas is long lost in my history......but here i am recently turned 48 years of age and having spent £270(0n ebay) i now have over 1,500 back issues most of which are new to me and also now subscribe and have many future hours of catching up to look forward to.......i'm home :)

Dandontdare

hehe, welcome back dude.  Tharg forgives your lapse. (I was lucky to have a mother who kept it on the family newsagent order when I went off to uni, and stored all my old progs in the loft for years!)

Pete Wells

Take it easy Mark, don't forget about Thrill Power Overload! 1500 copies is a dangerous amount of Thriill Power to take in, limit yourself sir!

Colin YNWA

While we must of course endorse Pete's sensible words of caution I think its worth adding HAVE A BLAST CATCHIN' UP.

You lucky bugger you, so much fun ahead of you.

Welcome aboard and have fun.

markibbo

Thanks guys and i will take it easy and limit myself to the thrill power and rigidly stick to a sensible dosage......1 prog a day will take me 4 years to get through my current collection,and of course i will be scouring the universe for more missing progs which are the late 1600's and 1700's and these seem the most difficult to find but i will persevere in my quest ........

Spikes

How do markibbo, and indeed welcome!,  :wave:

Ah, the fun of tracking down, and buying again, ALL those progs that you once owned! I myself, spent the best part of the early noughties doing that, and i see youve already done the Lion's share.
So much easier (cheaper - sometimes, and quicker) with the internet!

Pete Wells

mogzilla

that look like matt smith (dr who) to anyone else?

markibbo

hhhhmmmm yes i can see where your coming from.......