Main Menu

Anderson: The Deep end

Started by Proudhuff, 24 May, 2017, 02:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Picked up Anderson in FP and rather good!
Anyone else good it?
or have I missed the thread  :-[
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

sheridan

SIP

I wonder if they will dump this continuity of Dredd now that the chance of a sequel has died and we are getting a different continuity of Dredd with the new TV series.

SIP

Cool cover.  Dylan Teague rules.

Magnetica

Quote from: SIP on 24 May, 2017, 07:40:45 PM
I wonder if they will dump this continuity of Dredd now that the chance of a sequel has died and we are getting a different continuity of Dredd with the new TV series.

Not sure I follow the logic. The new Dredd TV series is two years away at least. Movie Dredd comics are now a thing in their own right. Don't see a problem with continuing with them, for now at least.

SIP

As in are they likely to continue this dredd continuity, along with the standard continuity, then inevitably the TV series continuity (not to mention the American continuity).

It always felt to me that these series were a continuation of the Dredd 2012 film while we were all in limbo waiting on the possibility of new Dredd 2012.  Now that has ended and there will be no Dredd 2012 continuation and instead we will be getting a different live action Dredd, i wondered if it was worth confusing matters with multiple continuities of the same characters in the same comic!

You could theoretically end up reading three entirely different Judge Dredd's in the same magazine in a couple of years.

Magnetica

It would be no less confusing than the average episode of The Order or Indigo Prime  :lol:

Magnetica

Where's that modify button when you need it?

No more confusing I mean.

sheridan

Quote from: Magnetica on 24 May, 2017, 11:55:14 PM
Where's that modify button when you need it?

No more confusing I mean.

That's how confusing it is :P

Back to the topic - no Lawman of the Future love?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Proudhuff on 24 May, 2017, 02:45:56 PM
Picked up Anderson in FP and rather good!
Anyone else good it?
or have I missed the thread  :-[
I read it when it was in the Meg.
We never really die.

Proudhuff

Yeah, that dawned half way through my read :-[

I think Movie Dredd continuing will depend on what ideas/stories creators lay at the door of TMO.
DDT did a job on me

SIP

I just can't see movie Dredd continuing now at all.....such an absolute shame, it was such a fantastic take on Dredd AND Anderson. Think I'm in mourning still.

sheridan

Quote from: SIP on 03 June, 2017, 12:35:34 AM
I just can't see movie Dredd continuing now at all.....such an absolute shame, it was such a fantastic take on Dredd AND Anderson. Think I'm in mourning still.

How about this?

QuoteMore movie Dredd with Furies by Arthur Wyatt, Alex De Campi & Paul Davidson

SIP

Oh I'm not surprised that there may be a few strops left to run, I just expect that a line will be drawn under it in the near future.